Atlanta Technical College (ATC) is seeking highly qualified applicants for its Accountant position, in the Administrative Services division. This position is located on Atlanta Tech's main campus, just South of Downtown Atlanta.
Under limited supervision, the Accountant is responsible for performing professional accounting duties associated with analyzing and preparing financial reports and financial information.
Duties and responsibilities will include, but may not be limited to, the following:
- Reviews a wide range of source documents, such as purchase orders, vouchers, invoices, receipts, requisitions, travel documents and other forms for accuracy and completeness;
- Assigns standard pre-established accounting codes and other identifying information;
- Prepares and enters accounts payable vouchers into PeopleSoft Financials and submits payment to the vendor;
- Responsible for recording all payroll related vouchers on semi-monthly basis;
- Researches and resolves invoice and payment discrepancies;
- Verifies and corrects information and reconciles accounting records;
- Review accounts payable queries and reports for accuracy;
- Prepare ad hoc reports to management on a weekly and monthly basis;
- Performs periodic review, analysis and reconciles accounts payable to general ledger;
- Completes accounts payable, travel and per diem month-end reconciliations;
- Assists in preparation of documents for audit purposes;
- Organizes and maintains the scanning of all accounts payable vouchers and supporting documentation;
- Conducts campus wide training with college personnel on accounts payable processes and procedures;
- Communicates efficiently with vendors and staff;
- Displays a high level effort, commitment and detail in performing tasks;
- Operates effectively within the organizational structure;
- Demonstrate trustworthiness and responsible behavior;
- Documents and records notes for AP and Purchasing staff concerning vendors, invoices and purchase order concerns;
- Assists with additional tasks and other duties as assigned, including year-end closing.
Must possess and demonstrate a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or closely related field; OR possess an Associate’s degree in Accounting or related field AND Two (2) years of Accounting work related experience. Must possess and demonstrate knowledge of GAAP Accounting principles, and be familiar with purchase orders and processing vouchers in PeopleSoft Financials
In addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, preference may be given to candidates that possess and demonstrate a Master’s degree in Accounting and demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge of governmental accounting
- Advanced proficiency using Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge of asset management
- Experience with PeopleSoft Financials
- Experience with asset management and other accounting/fiscal functions
PLEASE UPLOAD A RESUME, TRANSCRIPT(S) AND CERTIFICATIONS
BACKGROUND SCREENINGS ARE CONDUCTED PRIOR TO HIRING.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide applicants with the status of their individual submissions. Applicants can review their application status on their "My Job Page" within their Team Georgia Careers profile.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
As set forth in its student catalog, Atlanta Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). For further information regarding these laws (Title VI and IX) contact Mattie Goss, Director of Student Services, Special Needs and Equity, Academic and Student Affairs Division, Atlanta Technical College, Cleveland Dennard Center, Suite C1111, 404.225.4446. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. To request reasonable accommodations upon enrollment (Section 504/ADA), contact Mattie Goss, Director of Student Services, Special Needs and Equity, Atlanta Technical College, Academic and Student Affairs Division, Cleveland Dennard Building, Suite C1111, 404.225.4446. Email: email@example.com. Faculty and staff with questions about equity or reasonable accommodations should contact Travis H. Salley, Director, Human Resources, Cleveland Dennard Building, Suite 180A, Atlanta Technical College 1560 Metropolitan Pkwy. SW, Atlanta Georgia 30310. firstname.lastname@example.org
Do not send résumés to any of the email addressed above, they will not be opened or reviewed.