Under the general direction of Senior Cost Analyst and with a comprehensive knowledge of accounting theory, principles, and practices, performs a variety of complex functions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), MARTA policies and procedures and federal and state regulatory requirements; Interprets record and analyzes financial transactions and prepares reports using Metify activity based costing software and various Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) modules, including General ledger, Assets, Payables, Payroll, Labor Distribution, Investments, Projects and Receivables/Revenue. Reconciles financial data interfaced from other systems, including the Breeze fare system and the Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) FASuite. Reconciles voluminous multi-million-dollar transactions from subsidiary ledgers to general ledger control accounts, including banking, investment, sales tax bonds, revenue, activity-based costing, project and asset activity
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs financial analysis in assigned area to support preparation of Office’s production of biweekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports and the Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports (CAFR) with a total of $1.3 billion net assets. Prepare Multi-Million Dollar journal entries for month-end and year-end accruals.
2. Records and analyzes accounting activity via journal entries and maintains integrity of complex financial subsystems, including investments, inventory, accounts receivable, payables, payroll, assets, projects and activity-based costing.
3. Analyzes and records revenue from various sources (FTA and State of Georgia grants, the local sales tax, Breeze Fare system, real estate leases, lease leaseback activity and advertising) in compliance with MARTA policies and procedures, GAAP and statutory requirements.
4. Determines proper account classifications, verifies authorization and approves funding in processing disbursements to vendors. Maintains contract payment record for Board approved multi-million-dollar contracts and provides records to internal and external auditors as requested.
5. Supports the Payroll accounting function in accurately processing the biweekly payroll for MARTA’s 4,600+ employees, determining third party deductions and performing tax reporting requirements in accordance with MARTA policies and procedures, the Amalgamated Union contract agreement and applicatory Federal and State statutory requirements.
6. Analyzes financial transactions of multi-million-dollar sales tax bonds and other creative capital financing transactions to assure proper reporting. Analyzes bank activities in the complex concentration account. Reconciles general ledger accounts against subsidiary ledgers and/or external sources.
7. Extracts information from the Oracle ERP system to determine whether applicable expenditures are capital or operating; maintains subsidiary fixed assets ledger and balances to general ledger; performs inventory of capital assets.
8. Performs research and analysis of revenue, expense and balance sheet accounts to ensure accuracy of accounting information.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.