Under the supervision of the Assistant Controller in the General Accounting as part of the Controller’s Office the Financial Analyst contributes significantly in all financial reporting for the School, including financial statements, managerial reporting, cost accounting, internal and external financial surveys, preparation and analysis of rate proposals. This position requires advanced experience in cost accounting and analytical skills to assist in aligning cost with departments, programs, units, etc. As well as using financial models to communicate results.
- Establish and maintain a financial model that will assist in aligning cost to functional unit.
- Perform analysis for the Controller to assist in business intelligence and decision making.
- Develop reports and graphs using business intelligence software.
- Recommend and maintain structure to ensure alignment with budget vs actual reporting.
- Develop a cost accounting model that will better inform financial results.
- Analyze financial results and make intelligent business recommendations to improve these results.
- Contributes in analysis, consolidation, and preparation of Intuition’s financial statements as well as management analysis reports and internal and external financial surveys.
- Responsible for maintenance of attribute tables used for financial and other reporting. Reviews tables on a regular basis for potential errors and/or inconsistencies.
- Solves problems associated with accuracy of financial information and complex accounting matters.
- Assists with report specifications and testing of reports and ensures accuracy, timeliness, and reporting of financial information. Ensures reports function efficiently and securely.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn fund accounting as related to higher education.
- Conduct training on Business Intelligence Tool (Cognos) as required to allow others to produce standard reports.
- Prepares journal entries to align cost to units.
- Supports of the annual financial audit process and preparation of data files for auditors.
- Assist in other accounting and finance related duties as assigned.