Performs specific accounting, regulatory, reporting and financial assignments. Identifies operational, accounting and regulatory issues within the individual area of responsibility. Collaborates with senior staff, supervisor and/or manager to develop solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs accounting, regulatory, reporting and financial analysis and review primarily on assignments in the area of their knowledge.
- Prepares internal and external financial reports.
- Maintains accounting and financial records of the Company.
- Implements accounting, regulatory, reporting and financial treatment for new and existing operations, regulations and laws based on management's direction.
- Responds to inquiries of shareholders, suppliers, outside departments, government agencies, auditors and employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
This position can be filled at a different level based on the final scope of job responsibilities and job requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree Requires a bachelor's degree preferably in accounting, finance, economics or related business administration field or equivalent experience. Required
Staff Accountant I:
1-2 years relevant experience or equivalent training and/or experience. Required
Staff Accountant II:
3 years previous public and/or professional accounting experience. Required
Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to convey in original written correspondence and reports in a clear and concise manner, adapted to customer needs (technical and non-technical audience).
- Ability to develop alternative recommendations to issues within areas of responsibility.
- Requires knowledge of accounting methods and techniques and the ability to apply both in problem-solving.
- Skills in organizing, planning, controlling and coordinating individual activities.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Positively influences others by action or example.
Licenses and Certifications
- CPA, CMA, MBA and/or other professional certificates/advanced degrees are desirable. Preferred
Southern California Gas Company is an EEO/AA Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled