|Date Posted||January 11, 2021|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
1. Analyzes and reconciles various accounts to the General Ledger including but not limited to A/R, Payroll, Benefits, Payables, Receipts, Accruals, Deferrals, Assets and Liabilities.
2. Compiles complex spreadsheets from payroll records for all employee benefits. Reconciles payroll benefits to finance records. Identifies and resolves problems and inconsistencies with benefit calculations for current and past employees, and determines appropriate corrective procedures.
3. Acts as a liaison between Payroll, Human Resources and Finance. Coordinates and communicates with relevant personnel to correct records, resolve discrepancies, and promote process improvements.
4. Transfers payroll data from the HR/Payroll module to the General Ledger via the Payroll feed process. Maintains a control process to insure that the data is transferred in a timely accurate manner. Researches and corrects discrepancies, as required.
5. Oversees and has detailed knowledge of payroll process. Reviews data for Banner input.
6. Assists with and reviews the filing of all Federal and State tax returns and reports as needed. Reviews the W2 process prior to submission.
7. Prepares monthly journal entries and financial reports as required.
8. Performs monthly reconciliation of all cash activity and bank statements. Researches and resolves discrepancies as needed.
9. Verifies and reviews account distribution on all payroll authorizations and non-credit contracts.
10. Prepares routine billings to the SCF Foundation, including Foundation Scholarship. Acts as a liaison between Finance, Financial Aid and Foundation to resolve discrepancies.
11. Provides training/coaching for various College staff regarding accounting processes and procedures with regard to the balancing of payroll benefits and other liability accounts.
12. Assists with various audit requests by providing information, schedules and reports.
13. Acts as a backup for the Manager of Financial Services. Provides support to the Director of Finance/Controller, Assistant Controller and Manager of Financial Services as required.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business from an accredited university and two or more years of related experience; OR equivalent combination of education or experience.
Advanced Excel spreadsheet experience required.
One or more years as a “lead” employee with responsibility of training new employees and assisting others with problems.Preferred Qualifications
Two years of experience with Banner HR/PR module preferred. Experience with Banner Finance module a plus.Special Instructions to Applicants
You will receive a confirmation number indicating when you have completed your application. If you have not received a confirmation number, you have not finished your application. Good luck in the recruiting process!
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida’s Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college.
This position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions.
Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.Department Name Accounting & Payroll Campus Bradenton Work Schedule 12 month Work Hours From 8:00AM Work Hours To 4:30PM Total Hours Per Week 37.5 Requested Start Date ASAP Job Type Staff/Administration Continuing Contract Eligible No Benefits Eligible Yes Hiring Range $37,111.00 - $47,873.00 FLSA Exempt Job Open Date 12/15/2020 Job Close Date Open Until Filled No Statement of Non-Discrimination
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207.