Paradies Lagardere is recruiting a Staff Accountant to join our Lease Accounting Team. The Staff Lease Accountant will assist in all aspects of rent/lease accounting and administration. Primary responsibilities will include coordinating with outside auditors and airports to deliver timely and accurate rent certification audits, calculating and recording appropriate accounting transactions for leases and the associated rental payments, and implementing process improvements where appropriate.
The Staff Lease Accountant will be skilled in time management, organization, communication and the ability to execute an assignment through to completion. This position will report directly to a Senior Lease Accountant and will also interact with upper management. Strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal are a must.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Calculate rent payments for leases, prepare related AP Invoices and record monthly journal entries
- Plan for, Manage and Coordinate with, outside auditors to ensure timely and accurate rent certification audits
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations for rent related accounts.
- Assist in maintaining lease compliance
- Coordinate timely receipt of information from subtenants in accordance with the subtenant lease agreements, including audit documentation and rental payments
- Complete Rent Reports
- Assist with preparation of year-end audit work papers and responses to audit inquiries
- Ad-hoc project completion and continuous process improvement initiatives
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS
- Required: BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting
- Required: 1+ years public or private accounting experience
- Proficiency in excel, lease management software experience a plus
- GAAP/IFRS16 technical skills, particularly surrounding lease accounting
- Desire to identify and implement process improvements
- Must have strong communication and organizational skills
- Able to handle highly sensitive and confidential information
- Work with a consistent sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Able to adapt to changing priorities and unexpected situations
- Team player and be ready to help where needed