EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. This practice also has several Service Delivery Centers that are made up of high-performing US-based resources who work closely with our experienced client serving professionals to deliver project-based work and managed services to our US-based Financial Services clients. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
The Service Delivery Center is made up of high-performing, US-based resources who work closely with our experienced Advisory professionals to deliver project-based work and managed services to our US-based financial services clients. The Service Delivery Center is a core component of the FSO Advisory practice.
As a Manager within the Service Delivery Center’s Guidewire Advisory practice, you’ll support the Guidewire engagement teams in the field supporting integration, configuration, and data migration. We’re looking for someone who can learn the Guidewire software and grow within the Service Delivery Center.
Skills and attributes for success
You’ll spend most of your time on either: Integration (ie. Leading development of integration requirements and design aligned to technology architecture); Configuration (ie Applying system analysis techniques and procedures including meeting with various resources to qualify required information, analyzing and interpreting requirements); and Data (ie. Leading team members to develop conceptual, logical and physical data models. Managing data and understand data structures)
Your Key Responsibilities:
- You will manage a portfolio of talent within a designated service line
- You will work in a collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
- You will receive excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
- You will work with an excellent team of senior colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
To qualify, you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree and related work experience.
- 5 years of experience managing and supervising a team of technology advisors through all phases of the technology life cycle, including requirements definition, architecture design, conversion, and testing.
- Desire to work in computer-related career where >80% of time is spent working on system related activity: software configuration, development, workflow design, process design, analysis, and quality assurance.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office, including MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Willingness to travel.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Technology, Industrial Administration, Business, or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience working at a financial services company or comparable experience working as an advisor to a financial services company
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working at or advising a property and casualty insurance carrier.
- Certifications are encouraged
What we look for
We’re interested in passionate leaders with strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the software industry. If you have a genuine passion for helping businesses achieve the full potential of their data, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- The opportunity to manage a portfolio of talent within a designated service line
- A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
- Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
- An excellent team of senior colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.