||October 13, 2020
From strategy to
execution, the Government & Public Sector practice of Ernst & Young LLP
provides a full range of consulting and audit services
to help our Federal, State, Local and Education clients implement new ideas to
help achieve their mission outcomes. We deliver real change and measurable
results through our diverse, high-performing teams, quality work at the highest
professional standards, operational know-how from across our global
organization, and creative and bold ideas that drive innovation. We enable our
government clients to achieve their mission of protecting the nation and
serving the people; increasing public safety; improving healthcare for our
military, veterans and citizens; delivering essential public services; and
helping those in need. EY is ready to help our government build a better
As a member of our Government and Public Sector (GPS) team, you will join a talented group of professionals, serving in key roles advising US federal agencies addressing issues in performance improvement, program effectiveness, financial management and Financial Improvement Audit Readiness (FIAR). Our team focuses on national priorities in defense, recovery and infrastructure investment, national security, international development and health. The development and high growth of our GPS business is a global strategic imperative for our firm.
Your key responsibilities
Our Risk professionals support our clients in understanding and identifying process risks, and designing and assessing process controls to mitigate those risks. They are responsible for documenting process controls, assessing control design, developing test plans to test key controls, and writing reports to summarize observations. In addition, Risk professionals provide process improvement recommendations to design efficient and effective process controls to best mitigate process risks.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong report-writing skills to communicate findings and recommendations to clients
- Knowledge of working paper documentation standards
- Excellent communication skills to discuss observations and negotiate the acquisition of data for testing and reporting on internal controls
- Ability to work independently with clients and on project teams
- Knowledge and experience auditing, reviewing or working with federal business processes, such as funds management, budget execution, receivables management, disbursements, property management, human resources, financial reporting and grants management
- Experience with OMB Circular A-123 or financial statement audit, attestation and remediation
- Experience with Financial Improvement and Audit Readiness (FIAR)
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree in an accounting, finance or other business discipline
- At least five (5) years of related work experience in a public accounting firm, consulting firm, or related field
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance that is Secret level or higher
- US certification in at least one of the following: CPA (Certified Public Accountant), CIA (Certified Internal Auditor), CGFM (Certified Government Financial Manager), CDFM (certified Defense Financial Manager, CGAP (Certified Government Auditing Professional) or PMP (Project Management Professional)
The EY Government
and Public Sector Practice’s staffing model is to assign resources to projects
aligned to the office within the metropolitan area you have been hired;
however, in certain circumstances, travel may be required within and/or beyond
your geographic region based on client and project needs. For roles
within the federal practice, the flexibility to travel up to approximately 30%
is preferred. Within the state, local and education practice, the flexibility
to travel up to approximately 80% is preferred.
What we look for
At EY, we know it’s your point of view, energy and enthusiasm that make the difference. Top performers have experience delivering against project plans on large, complex engagements from analysis through implementation. They have experience with federal or state agencies in public finance management, often gained by working in a Big Four global management consulting firm or a blue-chip company focused on the government and the public sector.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by AccountingJobs.com -- © 1998-2020