||September 03, 2020
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Business Valuation Senior you'll help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. Our team of strategic advisors sits at the heart of a global Valuation & Business Modelling network of specialists who deliver high quality advice through each phase of the transaction process.
EY has an established industry leading Valuation and Business Modelling group. We advise our clients in address their strategic planning, regulatory compliance, financial reporting, tax and fair market value documentation needs. You have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That's how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior within Business Valuation you're likely to spend your day to day working on commercial issues, working with management on parts of the acquisition process and regularly undertake valuations for strategic priorities, with a focus on Intangible Assets
Skills and attributes for success
- Commercial - as part of the team you will regularly advise businesses on valuations issues with regards to acquisition or divestitures and provide fairness opinions on transactions and restructurings;.
- Regulatory and Accounting - you will work with management as part of an acquisition process to understand how the value of acquired intangible and financial assets will impact accounting requirements;.
- Taxation - you will regularly undertake valuations for fiscal purposes in the US market and advise clients on all aspects of US tax valuation issues;.
- Intangible Assets - within the team you would specialize in the valuation of Intangible assets such as trademarks, brand names, core deposit intangibles, customer relationships, banking and other licences, patents, technology and know-how
To qualify for the role you must have.
- A bachelor's degree in finance, economics, accounting or business and at least 2 years of related business valuation work experience; or a graduate degree and at least 1-2 years of related work experience..
- Previous Business Valuation experience.
- Financial modelling skills including experience building models from scratch..
- Demonstrated record of solving complex problems and completing challenging projects.
Ideally, you'll also have
- Previous valuation experience in professional services/Big 4 Firm.
- Financial modelling experience.
- Achievement of or significant progress towards a CFA;.
- ASA/AM designations are a plus with the expectation of one completed designation within a given timeframe.
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers with a passion for valuations and have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our clients goals.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 3 weeks of vacation plus 10 observed holidays and up to 3 paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:.
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most recognized and engaging leaders in the profession;.
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career;.
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by AccountingJobs.com -- © 1998-2020