||May 23, 2020
Virginia SBDC Finance Specialist
The Virginia Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Lead Office, which administers and manages the Virginia SBDC network of 27 centers across the state, invites applications for a Finance Specialist. The Virginia SBDC is a program of the Mason Enterprise Center. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason's academic and culturally inclusive environment.Responsibilities:
The VA SBDC Finance Specialist coordinates and manages the financial activities of the Virginia SBDC Network and provides technical support to the Virginia SBDC Director, staff and sub-recipients.Duties: Technical Knowledge:
* Understand and interpret fiscal requirements of the grants and funding sources for the Virginia SBDC network; * Serve as the knowledge expert and liaison between the university and twelve (12) sub-recipient organizations operating local SBDCs across Virginia; * Prepare for program audits and examinations in coordination with the Office of Sponsored Programs and sub-recipient organizations; * Represent Virginia SBDC at events and meetings as required including 3 SBDC network meetings in Virginia each year, 4-6 center financial reviews, and an Annual association conference.Financial Analysis and Oversight:
* Manage Virginia SBDC Lead Office funds and fiscal operations; * Analyze trends in revenues and expenditures in Lead SBDC Office and local SBDCs and advise Director of irregularities; * Perform analyses of budgets for the Virginia SBDC Lead Office funds and local SBDC offices; * Compile and provide timely and accurate financial data and forecasts to Director; * Manage daily accounting, invoice processing, and disbursements for Virginia SBDC Lead Office; * Prepare grant actions in coordination with Office of Sponsored Programs (e.g. close-outs, no cost extensions, budget and sub-award modifications, at-risk funds, cost share commitments); * Coordinate with MEC Finance/HR Manager as necessary.Reporting:
* Develop, distribute and maintain annual sub-recipient agreements in coordination with the Office of Sponsored Programs; * Coordinate annual SBA proposal development and submission; * Prepare funders' required financial reports and coordinate submission with OSP.Required Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance, or an equivalent combination of education and experience; * Hands-on working knowledge of both federal and university grants management accounting policies and procedures; * Experience in managing multiple fund accounting sources; * Experience establishing reporting systems to meet university and federal requirements; * Experience working concurrently with multiple sub-recipient organizations; * Experience conducting financial reviews to ensure compliance and sound fiscal management; * Hands-on experience with small business issues and/or assistance programs; * Excellent verbal and written communication skills; * Demonstrated customer service orientation; * Working knowledge of computer software/hardware; * Ability to travel for overnight events/conferences.Preferred Qualifications:
* Significantly demonstrated accounting or financial management experience, including audit experience; * University accounting experience.
"For full consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.gmu.edu/
; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information."
"Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report "Up and Coming" spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason's diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition."
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by AccountingJobs.com -- © 1998-2020