||May 22, 2020
This Payroll Coordinator will assist in the overall operations of the payroll services office for the School Division. This includes processing payroll, taxation forms and benefits, as well as maintaining employee data, handling payroll questions and completing any other tasks necessary for monitoring and overseeing a division's payroll process.
The following information is intended to describe the overall nature and scope of the work being performed in relation to the position. This is not a comprehensive listing of all responsibilities or tasks; other work may be assigned when deemed appropriate:
* Reviews the biweekly payroll reports for accuracy; approves process and reporting.
* Researches and resolves questions from administrators and employees as they relate to the processing of payroll information such as PTO, garnishments, employment verifications, workers' compensation, retroactive pay, tax question and other payroll related questions.
* Oversees the preparation of the payroll; filing of the taxes, filing the monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
* Reconciles the processing of the Virginia Retirement System (VRS) payments, interface, and reporting.
* Develops and maintains appropriate internal controls related to payroll and provides cross-training within payroll.
* Assists with the annual records retention purge including proper filing and processing of records for storage.
* Interprets and recommends implementation standards to ensure compliance with federal and state laws and regulations as related to payroll.
Below are the qualifications for this position:
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university in accounting, finance or related field required
* Five years of full-time accounting, financial analysis or related experience required
* Certified Payroll Professional preferred
* Previous exposure to the public-school system sector
* Experience with payroll/Human Resources Management Systems (HRMS)/Oracle preferred
* Advanced knowledge with Excel preferred
* Knowledge of VRS preferred
* Ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
The following provides a brief description of physical requirements for this position:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. The employee must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. The employee must possess normal cognitive abilities including the ability to learn, recall and apply certain practices and policies. Frequently sitting and/or remaining in a stationary position for long periods of time. Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Administrator Salary Scale , Level 1
This is an Exempt position
Reports to: Supervisor, Payroll
The Loudoun County School Board is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and to the provision of equity in its educational programs, services and activities for all students and employees.
Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, age, religion, national origin, disability, or genetic information in employment or in its programs and activities. LCPS provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Assistant Superintendent for Department of Human Resources and Talent Development
Loudoun County Public Schools
21000 Education Court
Ashburn, VA 20148
How To Apply
To submit an application online, please select • Apply Now•
To be considered for the vacancy, please complete ALL sections of the application. A resume will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Please be sure to upload the following:
• Three (3) current professional references (Name, phone number, email address). At least one reference should be a current supervisor or most recent supervisor.
• Letter of Interest
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by AccountingJobs.com -- © 1998-2020