||June 05, 2020
At KPMG, we are reimagining tax with you in mind. Become an integral part of a dynamic team within a collaborative, future forward environment at one of the world's top tax firms. Be surrounded by deep tax knowledge and equipped with the latest in cutting-edge tax technologies. And join an extensive network of functional, industry, legislative and technical specialists with access to our Ignition Centers, where technology innovation accelerates. We welcome people with a passion for tax, a spirit for new thinking, and a commitment to providing outstanding client service today, and tomorrow.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Manager to join our International Tax practice.
- Direct multinational enterprises on business decisions, such as where to locate and operate, choice of entity, how to optimize supply chains, and how to access and mobilize capital to fund global operations, taking into account a multinational's tax risk profile, global effective tax rate, and cash posture; In advising clients, professionals will prepare and review complex tax models illustrating multinational entities' attributes, effective tax rate, and cash tax expense
- Advise multinational enterprises on tax planning decisions, including helping our clients anticipate and understand the potential short- and long-term considerations and consequences of tax planning decisions at a global level, in the context of their wider business objectives and taking into account a multinational's tax risk profile, global effective tax rate, and cash posture
- In collaboration with our colleagues in Mergers & Acquisition Tax, structure the tax aspects of multinational private equity and strategic mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, dispositions, and IPOs, along with drafting tax opinions, memos, structure decks, and Excel models (illustrating the tax benefits of alternative structures)
- Assist multinational enterprises with preparing the tax provision for its financial statements and preparing and/or reviewing compliance work product, as well as assisting KPMG audit teams with reviewing a company's financial reporting of tax implications arising from its global operations and transactions
- Advise clients on income tax treaty planning opportunities arising from inbound and outbound cross-border investing and trading activities
- Specific to International Tax professionals working in the alternative investment space, providing aspects of all of the activities above to alternative investment companies, helping at all stages of the investment life cycle for both asset managers and portfolio companies operating globally
- A minimum of eight years of experience working on engagements involving international, mergers and acquisitions, and/or federal tax planning
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university; Masters in Taxation, JD, and/or LLM (with a concentration in tax) preferred; licensed CPA or JD / LLM or foreign equivalent, combined with Enrolled Agent status
- Knowledge of a broad range of international and domestic tax law provisions
- Strong research and writing, Excel modeling, and oral communication skills
- Ability to balance and lead multiple engagements, play a positive role in well-functioning and collegial client service teams, supervise and assist with the development and training of new and experienced staff professionals, maintain professionalism, and provide excellent client service
- Ability to develop and deepen client relationships and expand the KPMG footprint in the local and global markets while working with both U.S. and non-U.S. KPMG teams to bring the right services to new and existing clients
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. The attached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
To apply to this job, click here
Job ads copyrighted by AccountingJobs.com -- © 1998-2020