|February 12, 2024
Spectrum Chemical Mfg. Corp., one of the leading firms in specialty medical chemical solutions, is searching for a Senior Accountant. This role reports directly into the Accounting Manager and will play a key role in the continuous improvement of the company’s financial reporting and analysis process. Senior Accountant’s responsibilities include reconciling account balances and bank statements, maintaining general ledger, and preparing month-end closing procedures. A successful Senior Accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and forecasts. The ideal candidate also has experience collaborating and/or managing a team of Accountants and Junior Accountants. The Senior Accountant position will have opportunities for advancement in the areas of FP&A, Business Analytics, and accounting management promotional tracks.
- Perform month-end close activities, including preparing journal entries and account analysis.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts and perform balance sheet flux analysis.
- Review GL account coding to ensure transactions are posted to proper departments and accounts.
- Ensure the integrity of accounting information and GAAP compliance.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and perform variance analysis of actual versus budget and/or prior year.
- Collaborate closely with IT and Business Analytics departments to develop and promote various reporting tools supporting efficient financial reporting and comprehensive analysis.
- Manage CAPEX projects, maintain, and reconcile fixed assets schedules.
- Support year-end audits, 1099s reporting, and tax returns.
- Investigate and resolve audit findings, account discrepancies, internal controls, and non-compliance issues.
- Assist with the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) budget and quarterly forecasting processes.
- Streamline month close processes and financial reporting activities.
- Complete ad hoc projects and other accounting duties as assigned.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or a related field required.
- 4+ years of accounting experience.
- Understanding of GAAP.
- ERP Experience preferred.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Effective communication skills, both written & verbal.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and excellent organizational skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.