|February 08, 2024
5-D Systems, Inc. A KRATOS Company is a growing defense contractor focused on Systems and Software engineering for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, located in Round Rock, Texas with an office in Huntsville, Alabama.
With an ever-increasing government interest in unmanned aircraft and drone target capability, we are fortunate to be experiencing a substantial backlog of projects. 5-D is working on exciting UAV programs that require robust lifecycle Systems Engineering. Join us for an exciting, fast paced career opportunity.
5-D Systems Inc., A KRATOS Company is seeking a highly motivated candidate who is accountable for the financial reporting and ensuring proper accounting, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP),Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), and as required by the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA).
Duties include operational accounting transactions, internal and external financial reporting, audit support, risk management, and development and management of budgets and Indirect Rates.
- Maintaining a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Automating key aspects of the monthly close process to reduce monthly close cycle time
- Cash forecasting and monitoring
- Supporting all external financial audits
- Providing data and guidance for cost proposals
- Reporting and forecasting of cash
- Coordinating with company divisions to facilitate reporting per corporate processes
- Ensuring accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensuring accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Ensuring customer invoices are accurate and submitted on time
- Coordinating payroll processing in a timely manner
- Ensuring proper reconciliations and documentation are maintained for all general ledger accounts
- Maintaining the chart of accounts
- Maintaining an orderly and accurate accounting filing system and document retention
- Maintaining a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Producing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements on time to target deadlines
- Coordinating the preparation of the company annual report
- Recommending benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculating and issuing financial and operating metrics
- Managing the production of the annual budget and quarterly forecasts with input from Senior Leadership
- Preparing ad hoc analysis to support key internal and external business decisions
- Calculating variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Providing Project Managers with project cost reports
- Providing financial analyses as needed, for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- May require after business hours teleconferences with Senior Leadership
- Completing accurate and on-time external financial reporting
- Complying with DCAA/DCMA regulations
- Complying with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS)
- Complying with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
Experience and Skills:
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 5+ years’ experience
- Must have experience with Government Contracts and job costing.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Must be able to create and maintain comprehensive financial reports and analyses using Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with Accounting Software such as CostPoint, Unanet, or other similar integrated system
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance Coverage
- Life/ADD & Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
- Paid Time-Off (PTO)
- Education Reimbursement
Kratos Defense is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. EOE, Minorities, Females, Vet, Disabled, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity or any other protected class.
All qualified job seekers are encouraged to apply. Kratos Defense is committed to America's veterans by providing opportunities for them to continue contributing after service to our nation. We also work to provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.
EEO Is The Law
Disability Accessibility Accommodation
If you require an accommodation to navigate or apply to our careers site, please send your request to HRAccessibility@kratosdefense.com or call 858-964-2916. Any inquires not related to requesting an accommodation will be discarded.
The company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice
For applicants in the EU and California residents, please review our privacy notice.