|February 06, 2024
Raise your hand if you're craving a work environment that values your talent. Join the Clune family where you’re valued as an employee owner! Clune Construction is proud to be made up of passionate, driven, unique individuals who exhibit integrity and value quality in everything they do. We welcome diversity of thought and life experience. As an employee-owned company, we invest in our people and in turn, our people benefit from a culture of shared fate. We believe this has led to us being the fortunate recipient of countless awards for our culture and ethics, including Best Places to Work, a Top Workplace nationally, and the Better Business Bureau’s Torch Award for outstanding ethics.
The Senior Project Accountant performs the overall job accounting functions and periodic job analysis and supports Project Accounting Management with directing tasks, mentors staff and fosters a team-focused environment. The Senior Project Accountant is Accounting’s primary liaison between Clune’s Project Management, Corporate Accounting, and external parties to ensure the timely and accurate completion of assigned jobs in accordance with accounting and industry standards, contractual obligations, and legal and governmental regulations.
What We Offer
At Clune Construction we value each of our employees and care about their wellbeing. We strive to provide best-in-class benefits packages, including:
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with 100% of monthly premiums paid by the company
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401k Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company-paid and Voluntary Life Insurance Plans
- Company-paid Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending, Dependent Care and Commuter Plans
- Career Development through Mentoring Program, Learning & Development, Continuing Education
- Fitness Program
- Pet Insurance
Core Values and Behaviors
Clune Construction is proud to have Core Values and Behaviors that all of our employees represent. These Core Values are: Safety, Service, Teamwork, Respect, Excellence, Leadership and Innovation. Performance is evaluated with these Core Values in mind.
- Manage the general ledger process for all assigned jobs and supports additional Project Accounting staff with general ledger items as needed.
- Maintain open communication with all relevant parties during the project to ensure project accounting requirements are met.
- Support Project Managers and Finance with construction project analysis and status reporting.
- Perform general job accounting administration and monthly financial closing tasks.
- Track, manage, and report on receivables to assist with AR payment applications and weekly cash flow forecasts for assigned jobs.
- Lead Project Accounting team to prepare and provide supporting schedules for audits.
- This role does not have any direct supervisory responsibilities but will lead the Project Accounting team and provide mentorship to Project Accounting staff.
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Project Accounting.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Able to mentor staff and foster a team focused environment.
- Proficient in using excel and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications and Outlook.
- Understanding of AIA forms, legal forms, schedules, and accounting requirements specific to the construction industry.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors of Science in Accounting or equivalent combination of school and 5 years of progressive project accounting experience, construction industry preferred.
- Working experience in a Microsoft environment that includes Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Experience working with ERP systems and electronic workflows preferred.
All candidates must provide a resume.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.