|February 05, 2024
Pacific Biosciences of California is looking for a motivated and results-oriented candidate to join our growing accounting team as a Senior Accountant based in San Diego, CA. This position will be a key player in the financial close process to ensure its accuracy, integrity, and timeliness. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including the monthly accounting close and financial statement preparation cycle, quarterly external reviews, annual audit, SOX compliance activities and ongoing business process transformation activities. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated problem solver with strong teamwork skills and a desire to drive change. You will play an integral role in the corporate accounting team while working through technical accounting areas, transactions, and projects independently as well as collaboratively with other finance and cross functional team members within a fast-growing organization. Candidate must possess a strong desire to learn, grow and develop their skills while providing enhancement to the current accounting function. Attention to detail and good analytical skills are essential.
- Be responsible for accurate and timely month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close procedures for certain key balance sheet and income statement accounts, including preparing journal entries, account reconciliations, and analyses
- Own the end-to-end accounting for international, intercompany consolidation
- Work directly with international service providers to manage and review subsidiaries books, records and cash requirements
- Support global expansion of the company by working with international service providers on requirements for establishing new entities and operations.
- Project manage accounting tasks including working with the team to monitoring progress, obtaining deliverables and apply applicable accounting treatment
- Support the Finance team in enhancing the Company’s existing accounting procedures and internal controls and seek opportunities to improve accounting operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Apply GAAP and relevant internal accounting policies to transactions and document white papers to memorialize interpretations and conclusions
- Review significant contracts to determine and implement the proper accounting in accordance with US GAAP
- Prepare footnotes and schedules for SEC reporting
- Prepare audit schedules for quarter-end and year-end, as necessary
- Identify and drive process improvements
- Demonstrates willingness and ability to deepen knowledge of our business, including products, services, policies, processes, and procedures.
- Builds solid working relationships with members of the Finance team and others within the business.
- Uses most efficient communication method to accomplish business objectives (in-person meeting, virtual meetings, phone calls, emails, instant messaging, etc.)
- Support for ad-hoc projects as required
Requirements and qualifications:
- Five plus years of relevant experience in a publicly traded company and audit practice of a CPA firm with increasing levels of responsibility
- Three plus years of public accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- CPA Designation completed or in process
- Project management experience preferred
- International Accounting experience preferred
- Experience with SAP or other robust ERP system(s)
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat
- Knowledge of 2013 COSO framework and experience applying it in a manner that supports SOX compliance and operational efficiencies
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Strong ability to identify and implement process improvements
- Self-motivated, deadline driven, and results oriented with superior attention to detail
- Problem-solving mindset with the desire to drive change and strong teamwork skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, including written communication, that allows effective interactions across functional areas
- Experience in life science, healthcare, or technology industries
Employees are required to be onsite Monday-Thursday (Friday work from home).
You may be required from time to time to visit and work at PacBio locations and for such times as the Company considers necessary for the proper performance of your duties.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
$93,400.00 - $140,000.00