|February 05, 2024
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for assisting with the day to day financial operations of FLACS and supporting the Network office, providing support in the financial reporting and record keeping processes. The Senior Accountant will interact with various staff and departments across FLACS to ensure smooth processing of all transactions.
- Manage A/P and A/R functions.
- Maintain accurate records of all financial transactions.
- Record and track income and expenses related to all contracts and grants, including federal entitlements.
- Assist in month-end close and review financial data on a quarterly basis and consult with CFO about problems or discrepancies
- Assist in the development of reports for FLACS Management, CSI, NYSED, and other outside entities
- Prepare audit schedules and participate with financial audits with the CFO
- Assist in the preparation of budgets or forecasts, FP&A tasks
- Assist in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices
- Assist with all payroll matters as necessary
- Uphold the FLACS’ mission, core beliefs, and educational philosophy.
- Reflect on their practice and is a lifelong learner who strives to improve instructional effectiveness and guide professional growth.
- Evidence of self-motivation and willingness to be a team player.
- BS/BA in Accounting or finance or relevant field is preferred
- Professional certification (e.g. CPA) is required
- Solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and regulations
- Working knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel), accounting software (e.g. FUND EZ, NetSuite), and third party payroll system (Paycom, ADP).
- Excellent critical thinking as well as analytical skills and close attention to details
- Good interpersonal skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills.