Senior Accountant - Reimbursement
|January 29, 2024
Senior Accountant - Healthcare Reimbursement
Ready to work at a Top 60 CPA Firm? Blue has been named as a “Best Place to Work” in Indiana and Kentucky, and “Best Employer” in Ohio. At Blue, you are a person, not a number, and a valued member of the team. We take pride in fostering a great culture, providing competitive salaries- including 401k match and generous PTO, flexible work environments, health and well-being benefits, and engaging you in our award-winning, in-house professional development programs. At Blue, we truly value the development of ALL employees and encourage them to bring their true authentic selves to work.
As a Staff Accountant on the Healthcare reimbursement team, you are responsible for playing a key role during engagements and being part of our Firm’s success. This opportunity will allow you work on a wide variety of challenging engagements, continue your professional development, and realize your career goals. Not only will you be part of providing trusted advice and deliverables related to healthcare reimbursement clients, but you will also build lasting relationships with our business partners. You will be a key contributor on a team of highly skilled, well-respected experts in the industry. We offer ongoing professional development and coaching to reach your goals.
Here is what you would be doing in the Staff Accountant- Reimbursement role:
- Ability to analyze, scrub and validate large amounts of data using standardized tools
- Prepare Medicare and Medicaid Cost Reports in accordance with Federal and State regulations
- Provide analysis of various reimbursement projects which may include Medicare DSH, Medicaid DSH, Wage Index, Occupational Mix,, IME, GME and Worksheet S-10 engagements
- Identify opportunities and provide clients with support in making strategic reimbursement decisions
- Build relationships with clients and community contacts in an effort to contribute to the overall marketing efforts of the Firm
- Work cross-functionally with other members of the healthcare consulting practice
- 3-5 years experience in similar role and/or
- CPA designation
- Strong technical skills, including those required to be proficient with MS Office; strong Microsoft Excel experience required
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Superb written and oral communication skills
- Motivated, open-minded, and self-driven with a desire to achieve service excellence
- Must be comfortable working in a team environment with changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to travel to client locations, mostly day trips; minimal overnight travel is required
We are responsive. We are caring. We are advocates.
Blue & Co., LLC, is ranked as a top 60 accounting firm in the U.S. by Accounting Today. We have been named a “Best Employer” in Ohio for 10 consecutive years. Blue is a large public accounting firm with a small business feel which provides the necessary flexibility to be successful.