|Date Posted||November 14, 2023|
NKSFB, LLC is the largest business management firm in the country, with more than 600 employees working from seven offices in the Los Angeles and New York City area. We work alongside the world’s top artists in music, film, and television, as well as athletes, executives, entrepreneurs, and other high achievers, offering a sophisticated range of concierge-style services to meet their lifestyle management needs.
Job Title: Senior Staff Tax Accountant.
Reports To: Tax Manager.
FLSA Status: Exempt.
The Tax team in Westwood is hiring the next Senior Staff Tax Accountant to join our dynamic group of tax professionals. This professional will be influential in the process of preparing tax returns and assisting clients with various tax matters. The Senior Staff Tax Accountant gathers and reviews client tax documents to prepare necessary partnership, corporate, trust, or individual income tax returns. The ideal candidate has a solid understanding of common tax rules and regulations and is knowledgeable in accounting principles. You are a confident and professional communicator, with exceptional time management and organizational skills. The selected candidate will be expected to perform the following duties:
What will you do?
- Prepare tax accounting adjustments and financial statements for individuals, corporations, partnerships, trusts, and estates.
- Prepare personal, corporate, partnership, and estate/trust tax returns of varying complexity.
- Prepare Payroll tax returns for state and federal reporting.
- Identify and recommend tax strategies that better position a client’s understanding of tax law.
- Understand client tax issues/situations and assist with tax research.
- Assist with IRS inquiries and draft responses to governmental queries or mandates.
- Assist other team members with accounting responsibilities, as necessary.
- Uphold the Firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
What Do you Need to Succeed:
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Self-motivated with excellent organization skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills a must.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task is a
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Friendly and professional demeanor.
- Ability to work well with a team and pitch in when needed.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School diploma required.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field from an accredited institution preferred.
- 5+ years of experience working within a corporate tax department is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience preparing robust, complex tax packages.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Standing, walking, crouching, and regular lifting up to 15 pounds.
- Frequent use of hands and reaching with hands and arms.
- Regularly talking, hearing, seeing, and sitting.
- Moderate to loud noise level.
- Risk of electrical shock.
Salary Range: The salary range for this role is $90,000 - $120,000 and represents the firm’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. Actual compensation will be dependent upon a number of factors, including but not limited to, the candidate’s relevant experience, qualifications, and location.
What We Offer: NKSFB offers a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees. Some of these include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Voluntary Life and AD&D
- Long Term Disability
- Voluntary Critical Illness and Cancer, Hospital Indemnity and Accident Coverage
- Genetic Screening and Cancer Support
- Pet Insurance
- Accrue 15 PTO days annually
- 401k, Match and Profit Sharing Plan
- 10 Paid Holidays and 1 Floating Holiday
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classifications and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
NKSFB, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion. If you’re a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.