|Date Posted||November 08, 2023|
The Senior Staff Accountant directly contributes to the accurate and timely generation of financial results of the Treasury & Finance department by recording, classifying, examining, and analyzing data and records of financial transactions. Adherence to strict monthly, quarterly, and annual deadlines is essential.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Make day-to-day decisions concerning the treatment of financial transactions.
- Review departmental expenditures monthly. Identify and addresses anomalies.
- Partner with other departments to resolve reconciling items and escalate potential issues to management.
- Responsible for overseeing and administration of various complex General Ledger accounts and Accounting segments.
- Recommend solutions to complex problems.
- Reconcile General Ledger accounts, daily review, and correction of exceptions and complex interactions with third-party systems.
- Identify and recommend cost-saving measures and process improvements.
- Perform Ad hoc analysis as requested.
- Maintain desk procedures and identify opportunities to streamline workflow.
- Mentor and provide guidance to staff accountants
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, or related field.
- 5+ years of work-related experience required.
- Must have strong knowledgeable of accounting principles and general ledger procedures.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong writing, reading, and analytical skills.
- Ability and desire to learn new software quickly.
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot and vlookup) is preferred.
- NetSuite, SQL, and Blackline experience area plus.
Credit One Bank, N.A. is a data-driven financial services company based in Las Vegas. Founded in 1984, Credit One Bank offers a spectrum of credit card products for people in all stages of financial life. Credit One Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation, or national origin. Reasonable accommodations can be made for those who require them, including access to job applications and workplace accommodations. Employment at Credit One Bank is based on mutual consent (also known as at-will). This means that employees and the Bank may terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause and with or without notice. Please contact the recruiter for this position to learn more. Credit One Bank does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies and is not responsible for related fees.