Hutchinson and Bloodgood LLP
San Diego, California
|Date Posted||September 07, 2023|
Are you interested in becoming a valued member of a remarkable team and firm? A place where your talents can shine as you assist clients in improving their financial, tax, and business aspects? Are you seeking a collaborative, innovative, and fulfilling work environment where your contributions are recognized and rewarded?
Look no further! With over 100 years in the industry, our firm serves clients locally and globally. Our expertise extends across a wide array of industries, ensuring that we can cater to the unique needs of clients from diverse sectors.
Join our team and experience a collaborative and enriching work environment. With an emphasis on continuous technical training and the development of essential skills, we prioritize your success by providing the tools and resources needed to thrive in the world of public accounting!
As a Payroll Specialist, you will be responsible for the following:
- Perform payroll support activities including set-up, processing, tax filing, compliance, and consulting
- Accomplish timely and accurate semi-monthly payroll processing while ensuring compliance with federal and state regulations
- Provide guidance and technical expertise as needed including training and education on payroll regulations, payroll software recommendations, and process improvement
- Assist with reconciliations related to payroll and benefits including producing monthly, quarterly, and/or annual reports
- Ensure accurate data entry and status changes, including but not limited to, new hire updates, terminations, tax withholdings, and rate changes
- Manage internal and external payroll inquiries within a timely and professional manner
- Handle all client data and information with confidentiality and discretion
- Provide exemplary service while building strong relationships with clients and payroll support providers
- Identify areas of potential process improvement for clients and recommend best practices
- 3+ years experience implementing payroll solutions for multi-state exempt and non-exempt employees
- A High School diploma or GED is required. Associates and/or Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Experience with payroll processing programs - Gusto, ADP, and PAYCHEX
- Strong knowledge of federal and state payroll laws and standard payroll processing procedures
- Exhibit leadership skills that demonstrate strong judgment, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in a professional setting
- A positive attitude and a team player mentality, willing and eager to assist others with a can-do spirit
- Commitment to deliver the highest level of client service and willingness to go the extra mile to meet deadlines
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality, professionalism, and ethical conduct
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Generous health and welfare benefits
- Focus on work/life balance
- Flexible schedules
- Opportunity to work with a friendly and supportive team
- Strong mentoring program with a focus on the success of each team member
The compensation for this position ranges from $48,000 - $57,000. Actual compensation will be dependent upon the individual’s qualifications, experience, skills, licensure, and certifications.