Senior Cost Accountant - Parker Lord
|Date Posted||September 07, 2023|
This position reports directly to the Plant Controller and is responsible for a variety of cost accounting activities and capital project expansion initiatives.
Cost Accounting Activities:
- Coordinates and assists with the annual cost roll.
- Performs ad hoc cost estimates to support new business opportunities
- Perform work order variance analysis and work with plant personnel as needed
Capital Project Expansion:
- Ensures project expenditures are approved and classified (i.e., as capital or expense) per policy
- Ensures project spending is controlled and remains within approved limits
- Prepares and delivers capital reports summarizing spending to date, comparisons to plan/forecast
- Monitors project milestone completions and ensures timely start of depreciation
- Work with business partners to prepare spending projections as needed
Support the Plant Controller:
- Performs excess and obsolete inventory reviews with key plant personnel
- Prepares month-end closing entries and related Plant management reports
- Performs analysis on monthly plant expenses
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Plant Controller
- Bachelor’s Degree from an Accredited University in Accounting
- Knowledge of Cost Accounting
- Strong computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- High ethical and confidentiality standards
- Considerable knowledge of financial controls in a manufacturing facility.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Excellent communication skills and relationship builder
- 3 to 5 years of work experience in a finance or accounting role
- Manufacturing/Cost experience of 1 year or more
- Experience with SAP preferred
Parker Hannifin is a Fortune 250 global leader in motion and control technologies. For more than a century the company has been enabling engineering breakthroughs that lead to a better tomorrow. Learn more at www.parker.com or @parkerhannifin.
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. However, U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Residency or other appropriate status is required for certain positions, in accord with U.S. import & export regulations.
(“Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
In accordance with Parker’s policies and applicable state laws, Parker provides for a drug-free workplace. Therefore, all applicants seeking employment with Parker will be subject to drug testing as a condition of employment.