1st Source Bank
South Bend, Indiana
|Date Posted||May 24, 2023|
Responsible for performing accounting duties that require the exercise of discretion and independent judgment to comply with financial reporting requirements set by existing and new federal regulations.
- Makes recommendations to manager after evaluating difference courses of action and offers suggestions on a regular basis about how procedures should change (e.g., to make them more efficient or to comply with changing laws or regulations).
- Prepares monthly ledger entries and reconciliations.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly management and board reports.
- Reviews and researches management requests.
- Maintains assigned corporate subsidiaries including monthly accounting, reporting, budget, and forecast.
- Assists with internal and external audit requests.
- Responsible for the completion of all compliance training related to the position.
- Must understand all applicable laws and regulations that apply to the position and comply with the requirements.
- Performs accounting responsibilities for investment portfolio. Responsibilities include investment accounting system maintenance; reporting, footnote disclosures and compliance with investment policy.
- Performs independent review of general ledger account reconciliations, ensuring adherence to corporate policy.
- Analyzes certain expense reserves and prepares quarterly expense reserve analysis report for management and external auditors.
- Prepares and files regulatory financial reports.
- Researches and understands regulatory reporting requirements.
Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Two (2) to four (4) years of related accounting or auditing experience preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Knowledge of Bank regulatory requirements a plus.
- Knowledge of PC based accounting systems a plus.
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good organizational skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Good written and verbal communications skills.
Bachelors Degree preferred; concentration in Accounting preferred. CPA or CPA candidate preferred.
Ability to travel overnight, as needed for meetings, projects, training, seminars, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit, stand and walk; use hands and fingers to operate keyboard and other office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop or kneel. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
MS Office PC, fax, phone and standard office equipment.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).