The Friedkin Group
|Date Posted||May 16, 2023|
LIVING OUR VALUES
All associates are guided by Our Values. Our Values are the unifying foundation of our companies. We strive to ensure that every decision we make and every action we take demonstrates Our Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates lasting benefits for all of our associates, shareholders, and the communities in which we live.
The Senior Accountant under the leadership of the Accounting Supervisor, will support the process to provide business essential, cost effective, accounting services to associates and business units in the Friedkin affiliated companies. The Senior Accountant will 1) provide general accounting services to the Friedkin affiliated companies and 2) ensure that all financial data is recorded accurately and on time within Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), company policy and Business Partnership Agreements.
- Execute a Monthly Close of the General Ledger for the owners and related entities. Maintain the close schedule. Inform Accounting Supervisor when the financial reports are ready for review.
- Prepare journal entries - including recurring entries - for Month End Close. Make materiality decisions on close entries. Review other departmental journal entries.
- Analyze, generate and process intercompany entries needed to adjust or reallocate expenses between business units. Prepare, review and/or post Intercompany billing forms timely.
- Analyze IT usage and expense activity to determine if adjusting entries are necessary.
- Maintain well-documented work papers and source documentation for journal entries and account reconciliations. As part of the reconciliation process, review the reasonableness of balance sheet and income statement accounts in order to determine that all necessary entries have been recorded accurately.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts in a timely fashion including intercompany balances; resolve reconciling items in a timely manner.
- Compare the actual results to the budgeted results and provide variance explanations on a monthly basis.
- Create complex financial statement schedules using advanced technical knowledge. Review other team members` schedules to ensure accuracy and compliance with accounting regulations.
- Analyze monthly and year-end financial data to ensure that it is recorded accurately, in accordance with GAAP.
- Maintain and adhere to accounting principles, practices and procedures in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles ("GAAP"), company policies, and industry practices.
- Assist in reviewing or preparing ancillary audit schedules, audit footnotes, tax schedules and tax forms.
- Serve as subject matter expert for the general ledger and financial control processes.
- Knowldge of ASC 842 to ensure appopriate lease accounting, including inputting leases into the lease accounting system and closing the lease accounting system monthly.
- Research and apply accounting policy to complex issues, communicating appropriately to senior management. Work with staff to mitigate accounting issues.
- Research and resolve accounting transaction questions and other customer/vendor issues in an agreed upon timeframe. Strive to satisfy customers. Minimize referrals to management.
- Coordinate and communicate actions between the Friedkin affiliated companies.
- Maintain checklist and other logs to ensure completeness in financials.
- Support and act as back-up to other team functions.
- Responsibly receive, transmit, and handle consumer and customer data per applicable policies and procedures.
- Review and follow data privacy practices, policies, and guidelines.
- Ensure that all financial data is recorded accurately and timely within management expectations and company policy.
- Other critical reporting and ad hoc duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting from four-year College or University; and 5 - 8 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. 2 to 4 years of Public Accounting experience preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
(For optimum performance, the jobholder in this position would be expected to demonstrate appropriate knowledge, skills, and abilities in the listed areas.)
- Be dynamic and agile in managing various projects and tasks
- Proficient in effective communication (both oral and written)
- Proficient in change management (promote, coordinate, and support)
- Effective Interpersonal Skills
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS*
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license is preferred - active or working
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of the job, the associate is required on a daily basis to analyze and interpret data, communicate, and remain in a stationary position for a significant amount of the work day; and frequently access, input, and retrieve information from the computer and other office productivity devices. The associate is regularly required to move about the office and around the corporate campus. The associate is occasionally required to travel to other sites, including out-of-state, where applicable, for business. The associate must frequently move up to 10 pounds and occasionally move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While the job is generally performed in an office environment, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, areas in which moving mechanical parts, fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals are present, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the office environment is typically quiet, but the associate may be occasionally exposed to loud noise levels.
Minimal travel is required for this position (up to 20% of the time and on a domestic basis).
The Friedkin Group and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain drug-free workplaces by conducting pre-employment drug testing.