Senior Accountant- Remote
Private Label Staff
|Date Posted||March 03, 2023|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
The Senior Accountant supports the CFO with a wide variety of functions which include transactional processing, financial analysis, annual budget development and monitoring, cost allocation, monthly forecasts, program and annual audit support, and the implementation of financial and compliance controls. S/He serves as a key resource for the organization and provides daily financial oversight to ensure that the financial records are complete, accurate and comply with generally accepted accounting principles, policies and regulations, to facilitate solid decision support.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assist in the development and maintaining of accounting policies, procedures and controls in accordance with sound accounting principles, applicable regulations and laws as well as best practice.
- Assists with organizational and program budget preparation and monitoring and annual financial year end audits.
- Periodic reviews of accounting and financial controls and processes for the entire organization.
- The close out of projects, timely and accurate grant reporting and compliance.
- Coordination and the preparation of required annual Tax donor letters/statements.
- Inventory and fixed asset physical counts.
- The coordination of the monthly and year end close.
- Monthly analysis of financial performance.
- Prepares supporting schedules for specific general ledger accounts.
- Analyzes and reconciles specified balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Performs financial analysis as appropriate to support risk assessment and informed decision making.
- Manages accounts receivable, cash receipts and banking, including the review of supporting documentation.
- Processes and posts journal entries for routine transactions and ensures accuracy of the General Ledger.
- Maintains the fixed assets register.
- Cross trained on accounts payable, cash disbursements, cash receipts processes, and payroll.
- Prepares grant payment requests.
- Prepares periodic financial, grant fund and administrative reports.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- Performs other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time, quite often on short notice, for the CFO.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA strongly preferred
- 10-15 years of related accounting experience
- Solid understanding of accounting practices and principles
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with a high degree of proficiency in Excel and Word
- Proactive problem solving skills
- Effective time management skills, self- motivated, critical attention to detail and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Analytic and detail-oriented, with good organizational skills.
- High initiative and able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasked and fast paced environment with firm deadlines.
- Experience with budget preparation and budgetary control
- Excellent financial and analytical skills
- Ability to operate in a multicultural environment requiring flexibility
- Shows respect and sensitivity to people of diverse age, ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Knowledge of HIPAA privacy and security rules
- Detail-oriented and able to work independently
- Experience with multiple Accounting systems
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Certified Public Accountant, CA, ACCA or equivalent is strongly preferred
Job ads copyrighted by AccountingJobs.com © 1998-2023