Partner 20, GP Fund Accounting Manager
San Francisco, California
|Date Posted||March 01, 2023|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
Partner 20, GP Fund Accounting Manager
Founded in Silicon Valley in 2009 by Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitz, Andreessen Horowitz (known as "a16z") is a venture capital firm that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future through technology. We are stage agnostic: We invest in seed to venture to late-stage technology companies, across bio + healthcare, consumer, crypto, enterprise, fintech, games, and companies building toward American dynamism. a16z has $35B in assets under management across multiple funds.
We've established a team that is defined by respect for the entrepreneur and the company-building process; we know what it's like to be in the founder's shoes. We've invested in companies like Affirm, Airbnb, Coinbase, Databricks, Devoted Health, EQRx, Figma, GitHub, Instacart, OpenSea, Roblox, Stripe, and Substack. Our team is at the forefront of new technology, helping founders and their companies impact and change the world.
We are looking for a Fund Accounting Manager to join our GP Fund Accounting team. The Fund Accounting Manager will report directly to the GP Fund Accounting Controller and will work closely with multiple teams, including Fund Accounting, Legal, Tax and Compliance. We use enterprise software (AltaReturn, IPREO, Salesforce) for efficiency and scale. Key job responsibilities:
- Play a key role in delivering best in practice carried interest programs to new carried interest holders
- Provide "best in class" operational support and reporting - from the onboarding process through the life of the Fund
- Support the Controller with building out carry plan infrastructure through streamlined processes, robust analytics and automation
- Serve as a point of contact and subject matter expert on carried interest inquiries
- Assist in cash flow planning for capital calls and true up capital calls for new members
- Enhance controls and efficiencies using software solutions
- Prepare and maintain distribution, allocations and vesting schedules
- Work with Controller on deal by deal carried interest agreements and computations
- Develop on-going standardized reporting to and improve ad-hoc reporting, leveraging on technology solutions
To join our team, you should be excited to:
- Work in a highly organized and detail-oriented way. You can manage your time and multiple priorities effectively
- Collaborate with multiple teams and people
- Actively participate and communicate in a productive manner
- Approach issues with a solution-focused lens
- Work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, requirements can change with little notice and you will need to adapt and be flexible
- Take the time to understand our processes and culture, embrace the best parts and recommend changes for improvement
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent education experience, with focus in accounting or finance
- 7+ years of combined public accounting and/or relevant industry experience
- Experience in managing carried interest program for Alternative investments firm, a plus, but not required
- Understanding of partnership accounting and/or asset management operations is required
- Able to deal with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV accounting software a plus, but not required
The anticipated salary range for this role is between $203,000-$236,000, actual starting pay may vary based on a range of factors which can include experience, skills, and scope.
This role is eligible to participate in the a16z carry program and various discretionary bonus programs as well as benefit and perquisite plans including health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401K plan, vacation, and sick leave. #LI-Remote
- We do only first class business and only in a first class way
- We take a long view of relationships, because we are in the relationship business
- We believe in the future and bet the firm that way
- We are all different, we recognize that, and we win
- We celebrate the good times
- We do it for the team
- We play to win
At a16z we are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. These differences are what enables us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our portfolio companies, and the World.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click here to learn about E-Verify.
Andreessen Horowitz hereby reserves the right to make use of any unsolicited resumes received from outside recruiting agencies and / or individual recruiters without being responsible for payment of any fees asserted from the use of unsolicited resumes.
- Health insurance