|Date Posted||January 25, 2023|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
Kemper is one of the nation’s leading specialized insurers. Our success is a direct reflection of the talented and diverse people who make a positive difference in the lives of our customers every day. We believe a high-performing culture, valuable opportunities for personal development and professional challenge, and a healthy work-life balance can be highly motivating and productive. Kemper’s products and services are making a real difference to our customers, who have unique and evolving needs. By joining our team, you are helping to provide an experience to our stakeholders that delivers on our promises.
Kemper is seeking a talented Staff Auditor to join our Internal Audit team. Internal Audit plays a key role in helping Kemper achieve its strategic intent, including nurturing and developing future leaders. Our vision is for Internal Audit to provide continuous assurance to senior management and the board on the effectiveness of governance, risk management, and controls through a culture that embraces innovation, analytics, automation, and credible challenge. Internal Audit roles offer significant exposure to multiple areas of our business and all levels of senior management and provide opportunities to identify issues and help make measurable improvements to the Company.
As a Staff Auditor, you will be responsible for assisting with the execution of financial, compliance, operational and/or technology-related audits, targeted reviews, advisory projects, and issue management activities. You will also contribute to department-wide strategic initiatives.
• Completes assignments in a timely, high-quality manner
• Documents understanding of business processes in narratives and/or flowcharts
• Traces information to source systems and validates proper authorization
• Maintains work in Kemper’s audit management system
• Provides frequent updates on assignments
• Builds skills and competencies as identified in an individual development plan and, as appropriate, through participation in relevant industry and professional associations to develop a basic understanding of business products, processes, and services
• Builds positive and effective relationships
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting, finance, information systems, data analysis or business administration
• 0-2 years of work experience, preferably in internal audit, public accounting, information technology, information security or data analytics
• Sense of curiosity and willingness to obtain an understanding of basic knowledge and understanding of internal audit concepts, the business and its processes, technologies, and risks to provide value and insights and help improve and achieve our strategic intent
• Able to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important. Basic organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
• Basic understanding of control principles (e.g., COSO), financial and operational processes, risks and risk management, and regulatory requirements
• Able to travel up to 20%
• Able to work effectively in a remote environment when necessary
K emper is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We are committed to supporting diversity and equality across our organization and we work diligently to maintain a workplace free from discrimination. Kemper is focused on expanding our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion efforts to align with our vision, mission, and guiding principles. Kemper does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Kemper and Kemper will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.