Senior Accountant HD - Hybrid
ScionHealth Corporate Support Center
|Date Posted||January 24, 2023|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
We are recruiting for a Senior Accountant to join our Accounting Team. This is a Hybrid position.
Assist the Accounting Director/Division Controller in providing accurate, timely, and consistent financial information within generally accepted accounting principles and consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Prepares journal entries, generates reports, and participates in related monthly accounting activities to ensure timely ledger close.
- Assist with coordination of audits related to financial, internal, tax, and reimbursement purposes.
- Performs account reconciliations, trend analysis, and analyzes for completeness.
- Researches information requests and responds to issues related to general ledger accounts.
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
- Monitor and review of assigned balance sheet accounts for assigned hospitals.
- Communicates and resolves inter-departmental accounting issues. Provides information training/guidance to other departments or hospital level accounting personnel regarding accounting or cash operations issues.
- Oversees or completes special projects as assigned.
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Excellent computer skills including Excel, Word, Access, and related accounting systems. Knowledge of SAP preferred.
- Leadership/supervisory skills
- Organizational, analytical, and strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Approximate percent time required to travel: 0
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred.
- 2-5 years experience in general ledger research, account reconciliations, and/or financial reporting. Healthcare experience desirable.
Depending on candidate’s qualifications we may fill at a different level.