Entry Level Accountant
Washington, District of Columbia
|Date Posted||January 20, 2023|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
2ndWave LLC (2ndWave) is seeking recent graduates and college students expected to graduate in May of 2023 for an entry level Accountant position. The position offers significant opportunity to expand your knowledge and experience in accounting and federal consulting, and professionally develop working alongside an experienced team. This is an ideal hybrid position that offers exposure to different areas in accounting.
The ideal candidate will be organized and motivated, with outstanding problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you can work effectively with minimal oversight. Ideal candidates will also be eager to learn and expand their skills and be willing to take on new responsibilities as the company continues to grow.
- Data entry on the accounting/finance side of the business, including for journal entries.
- Create and maintain the Excel spreadsheets used during the budget performance management process.
- Customer service/client facing responsibilities, to include collection of information.
- Ad-hoc reporting.
- Create monthly financial status reports.
- Assist in the month-end closing process.
- Assist with basic accounting/finance responsibilities, to include some reconciliation of accounts.
- BS or BA in an accounting or finance.
- 0-2 years’ experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with minimum supervision.
- Internships preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Analytical ability.
Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. W-2 employment only. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
About 2ndWave LLC
2ndWave LLC (2ndWave) is a management and technology consulting firm providing a focused set of financial management, program management, and technology solutions to public sector clients. Our certified professionals have extensive experience implementing large, complex public sector programs; helping our clients solve their most pressing financial and business management challenges; and implementing proven leading-edge technology solutions that enable them to operate more efficiently while minimizing risks and costs.