Accountant 1, College of Medicine, Remote
University of Cincinnati
|Date Posted||January 20, 2023|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.”
With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion.
About the Department
As one of the oldest medical schools in the country, the UC College of Medicine has a reputation for training best-in-class health care professionals and developing cutting-edge procedures and research that improves the health and clinical care of patients.
The Office of Operations and Finance is currently hiring a full time Accountant 1. This individual will perform basic accounting functions such as ledger/fund analysis and reconciliation, cost analysis, review/reconcile budget to actuals, preparing and/or posting accounting documents, invoice customers, and perform collection functions.
This position is eligible for remote work once training is complete.
- Set-up and Maintain Billing Codes.
- Invoice Customers.
- Customer follow-up on outstanding Accounts Receivables.
- Maintain routine account journals and prepare basic financial statements.
- Monitor and interpret financial data in the development of cost analysis and reports.
- Analyze, establish, and maintain accounting systems.
- May process purchase requisitions, invoices and change orders.
- May perform internal auditing of financial records.
- Prepare financial/statistical analysis reports.
- Recommend accounting and control systems.
- Perform related duties based on departmental need. This job description can be changed at any time.
- Bachelor’s Degree must be in Accounting or related field.
- Four (4) years of relevant work experience and/or other specialized training can be used in lieu of education requirement.
Additional Qualifications Considered
- Fund accounting experience.
- SAP financial software experience.
- Intermediate user of Microsoft products.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Office environment/no specific unusual physical or environmental demands.
Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN