|Date Posted||November 23, 2022|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Livermore, CA, USA
Job Code 1: C02.3 Accountant 3
Organization: Chief Financial Officer
Category: Finance & Accounting
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Pre-Employment Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: Not applicable
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Referral Bonus: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States' security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory's mission.
We have an opening for an Tax Accountant to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment. You will be responsible for the preparation, analysis, maintenance, and review of complex institutional accounting, financial, and tax reporting information. This position is in the General Accounting & Tax Compliance division of the Finance Department within the Office of the CFO.
In this role you will:
- Reconcile, adjust, and verify the preparation and the filing of Laboratory payroll tax returns with a third-party provider, including federal and multi-state withholding taxes for employees in many states and multiple jurisdictions.
- Provide oversight and maintain the engagement relationship with the Payroll tax third party filing provider and the Laboratory's Payroll group while ensuring compliance with Contract 44, Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and applicable federal and state regulations, policies and procedures as it applies to tax.
- Serve as a Tax liaison for taxing authorities as it pertains to payroll tax and to participate and lead as appropriate on long-term projects requiring complex solutions to payroll tax-related problems, recommend and implement appropriate courses of action.
- Independently research and respond to questions concerning federal and state withholding issues, prepare position papers and recommendations.
- Maintain the Laboratory's Employee Foreign National Tax Program which includes reviewing, applying, monitoring, and advising foreign national employees on applicable tax treaties and other tax withholding issues. Review foreign national employee population for proper tax treatment. Coordinate the independent foreign national tax data base with the Lab's internal Payroll program. Prepare and file the annual 1042 with the IRS.
- Advise and provide analysis and research on any area of tax expertise and experience for institutional or partnership tax including but not limited to sales tax, property tax, expatriate tax, partnership tax, or other state, local or federal tax.
- Reconcile tax account balance sheet ledger accounts, prepare journal entries, analyze and interpret accounting data, advise and make recommendations for proper accounting and tax treatment and prepare various ad hoc reports.
- Perform other assigned duties.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or equivalent combination of related experience, education, and training in the finance/accounting/tax field.
- Significant experience applying problem-solving and analytical skills to solve complex issues requiring mature judgment, discretion and tact, and ability to successfully negotiate desirable outcomes and experience making effective and timely decisions.
- Significant experience researching, compiling, and analyzing complex financial data and information and developing, applying and interpreting financial policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated advanced organization skills and expertise using interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written, to effectively explain, negotiate, persuade, and build consensus among diverse stakeholders; experience establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all levels of personnel.
- Significant experience with computer-based spreadsheets and report-generation applications. (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated complete knowledge and understanding of taxation and accounting theory.
- Experience preparing and filing multi-state payroll tax returns; experience in tax research and interpretation of tax laws.
- Demonstrated complete knowledge and understanding of CAS, GAAP, financial policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of foreign national employee's taxation requirements.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2022Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Careersite.
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.If you are selected, wewill initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if youmeet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship.For additional information, please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing candidates and employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value and hire a diverse workforce as it is a vital component of our culture and success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
LLNL invites you to review the Equal Employment Opportunity posters which include EEO is the Law and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
At LLNL, our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitlesjob applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here.
For full application instructions and position description, visit https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/LLNL/3743990000793506-tax-accountant
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency