|Date Posted||November 23, 2022|
|Required Education||Bachelor's Degree|
Cost Accountant Standards Analyst
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Cost Accounting Standards Analyst - Mid/Senior Level
Livermore, CA, USA
Job Code 1: C01.3 Financial Analyst 3
Organization: Chief Financial Officer
Category: Finance & Accounting
Security Clearance: Anticipated DOE Q clearance (requires U.S. citizenship and a federal background investigation)
Pre-Employment Drug Test: Required for external applicant(s) selected for this position (includes testing for use of marijuana)
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: Not applicable
Position Type: Career Indefinite
Referral Bonus: Not applicable
Join us and make YOUR mark on the World!
Are you interested in joining some of the brightest talent in the world to strengthen the United States' security? Come join Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) where our employees apply their expertise to create solutions for BIG ideas that make our world a better place.
We are committed to a diverse and equitable workforce with an inclusive culture that values and celebrates the diversity of our people, talents, ideas, experiences, and perspectives. This is essential to innovation and creativity for continued success of the Laboratory's mission.
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL) is looking for a Cost Accounting Standard Analyst to join a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You will utilize finance and accounting principles for regulatory and compliance reporting. In this role, you will have the opportunity to analyze policy and compliance research, preparation, analysis, maintenance, and review of complex institutional cost accounting issues and financial information. This position will be in the Budget Operations Group, Cost Accounting & Indirect Analysis Team in the Office of the CFO Organization.
In this role you will:
- Formulate, research, and interpret accounting practice changes, analyze accounting practice change proposals and cost impact statements in accordance with Cost Accounting Standard (CAS) and/or Federal Acquisitions Regulations (FAR) cost principles. Provides recommendations to Senior CAS Analyst.
- Develop and execute a variety of compliance activities including compliance to contractual and regulatory requirements and complex self-assessments.
- Implement solutions that are multi-faceted in scope and often require independent research, interpretation and application of policies and procedures. May exhibit negotiation skills to resolve complex issues involving multiple parties, including external sponsors.
- Formulate and assist the submittal of the Laboratory's CASB Disclosure Statement (DS) in accordance with DOE/NNSA requirements.
- Formulate and execute long-range strategic planning through processes such as time charging guidance, guidance on purchasing within specific cost pools, and infrastructure funding white papers.
- Identifies and recommends process improvement activities. Participates in working groups and/or department/cross functional organization-wide projects; project planning, defining user requirements. May represent the department in external working groups.
- Key contributor with demonstrated expertise in the development of highly complex financial analyses
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to secure and maintain a U.S. DOE Q-level security clearance which requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field or equivalent combination of related experience, education, and training in the finance/accounting field.
- Significant experience applying analytical skills to research, interpret, analyze, compile, and present financial information.
- Demonstrated complete knowledge of and experience performing financial functions, including the use of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS).
- Experience performing self-assessments and representing the organization in audits.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience performing and directing financial findings
- Experience with decision-making, problem-solving, and analytical skills to independently solve complex issues requiring mature judgment, discretion and tact and experience negotiating desirable outcomes.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal to deliver financial briefings, documentation, reports and financial advice to senior Laboratory personnel and other external organizations and agencies.
- Expertise using interpersonal skills to effectively explain, persuade and build consensus among diverse stakeholders; demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of personnel, both internal and external to the Laboratory.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a Career Indefinite position. Lab employees and external candidates may be considered for this position.
Why Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory?
- Included in 2022Best Places to Work by Glassdoor!
- Work for a premier innovative national Laboratory
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Flexible schedules (*depending on project needs)
- Collaborative, creative, inclusive, and fun team environment
Learn more about our company, selection process, position types and security clearances by visiting our Careersite.
This position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) Q-level clearance.If you are selected, wewill initiate a Federal background investigation to determine if youmeet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing. Q-level clearance requires U.S. citizenship.For additional information, please see DOE Order 472.2.
Pre-Employment Drug Test
External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test. This includes testing for use of marijuana as Federal Law applies to us as a Federal Contractor.
Equal Employment Opportunity
LLNL is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing candidates and employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value and hire a diverse workforce as it is a vital component of our culture and success. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, age, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
LLNL invites you to review the Equal Employment Opportunity posters which include EEO is the Law and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
At LLNL, our goal is to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates applying and interviewing at the Laboratory. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please submit a request via our online form.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) grants privacy rights to all California residents. The law also entitlesjob applicants, employees, and non-employee workers to be notified of what personal information LLNL collects and for what purpose. The Employee Privacy Notice can be accessed here
For full application instructions and position description, visit https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/LLNL/3743990000548366-cost-accounting-standards-analyst-mid-senior-level
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency