Internal Auditor II
Valley First Credit Union
|Date Posted||November 23, 2022|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
Conducts audits of lending, savings, compliance, and other related activities. Prepares reports of all audits in accordance with guidelines approved by management and outside independent audit firm. Makes recommendations of improving and strengthening internal controls and operating procedures. This includes coordinating external audits and exams and discussions and submitting items to the regulators, attending meetings.
- Performs assigned audits (primarily: new account, name change, address change, and CDD Questionnaire)following auditing standards.
- Completes audit programs according to approved audit procedures and scope.
- Determines that established policies and procedures as set in the Operating Guide are being complied with consistently.
- Conducts and /or assists with Branch Audits providing insightful feedback into branch operations based on her previous job experience.
- Assists with various reporting functions and with correspondence as assigned.
- Maintains ongoing education and guidance to the CU regarding audit best practices and standards of excellence.
- Oversees and completes all projects as assigned. Keeps management apprised of all critical issues.
- Attends monthly Supervisory Committee Audit and provides insight and recommendations.
- Provides guidance to business owners regarding compliance with established policy and procedures.
- Recommends improvements to process flow, changes, and updates to the audit programs.
- Completes compliance audits (SAFE Act, Cashier’s Checks, Escheatment, and Record Retention).
- Tracks and updates response tracking sheets.