The State of Florida
|Date Posted||November 23, 2022|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
Requisition No: 788680
Agency: Children and Families
Working Title: ACCOUNTANT III - 60037107 1 1
Position Number: 60037107
Salary: $29,344.38 - $36,500.00 (Salary will be determined based on experience)
Posting Closing Date: 12/02/2022
***Advertisement - CAREER SERVICES - OPEN COMPETITIVE – Employment Opportunity***
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION RESPONSES TO THE QUALIFYING QUESTIONS MUST BE CLEARLY STATED WITHIN THE EMPLOYMENT HISTORY AND ARE REQUIRED AND MUST BE VERIFIABLE BASED ON YOUR SUBMITTED APPLICATION. Software systems, actual work experience, and years of employment must be clearly defined, or the application may not be considered for the position.
*THIS POSITIONS IS BEING RE-ADVERTISED – PREVIOUS APPLICANTS DO NOT NEED TO RE-APPLY*
This position will be responsible for the auditing and processing of payments to vendors and/or Department employees. Specific duties may include but will not be limited to the following:
- Analyzes accounting functions to determine their legality, propriety, and effectiveness
- Audit vendor invoices and/or employee reimbursements for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with Florida Statutes, Florida Administrative Code, directives, policies, procedures, and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Process payments timely through the appropriate system; Florida Accounting Information Resource (FLAIR), MyFloridaMarketplace (MFMP), PCard Works, or the Statewide Travel Management System (STMS).
- Process refunds issued to the state for travel or PCard purchases.
- Research and resolve payment inquiries from vendors and employees; effectively communicate results to requestors by email as well as by telephone; identify recurring issues and report statistical results to management; conduct training as needed on proper invoice submission.
- Research and resolve returned warrant checks from vendors and employees; effectively communicate updates to Warrant Distribution pertaining to the remailing of the returned warrant.
- Reconcile the Florida Accounting Information Resource (FLAIR) payment voucher schedules to the pending vendor invoices. Identify the sampled vouchers required for auditing by the Department of Financial Services (DFS) and prepare voucher schedules and supporting documentation for submission to DFS.
- Prepare voucher schedules for permanent record retention in accordance with Department of State and Department of Children and Families policies. Scan, index, and convert payment documents to required electronic format for storage and retrieval. Maintain files in a current and accurate condition. Archive prior year files and maintain record retention documents in accordance with procedure. Respond to requests for voucher information from internal and external auditors and to comply with public information laws.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of the methods of data collection.
- Ability to prepare financial statements and reports.
- Ability to prepare and maintain a variety of accounting records.
- Ability to analyze and interpret accounting data.
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures relating to an accounting program.
- Ability to use automated accounting systems, personal computers, and general office equipment.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent
Candidate Profile (application) must be completed in its entirety.
- Include supervisor names and phone numbers for all periods of employment.
- Account for and explain any gaps in employment so that the hiring process is not delayed.
- Experience, education, training, knowledge, skills and/or abilities as well as responses to pre-qualifying questions must be verifiable to meet the minimum qualifications.
- It is unacceptable to use the statement “See Resume” in place of entering work history.
If you experience problems applying online, please call the People First Service Center at (877) 562-7287.
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE. Pursuant to Chapter 295, Florida Statutes, candidates eligible for Veterans’ Preference will receive preference in employment for Career Service vacancies and are encouraged to apply. Certain service members may be eligible to receive waivers for postsecondary educational requirements. Candidates claiming Veterans’ Preference must attach supporting documentation with each submission that includes character of service (for example, DD Form 214 Member Copy #4) along with any other documentation as required by Rule 55A-7, Florida Administrative Code. Veterans’ Preference documentation requirements are available by clicking here. All documentation is due by the close of the vacancy announcement.