PRO IS Inc
New York, New York
|Date Posted||September 23, 2022|
We are looking for a Junior Accountant to assist with month-end close and day-to-day insurance accounting functions with a working knowledge of US STAT. The position can be part-time or full-time.
Responsibilities include accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash allocations and general ledger. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience with Excel, financial statement preparation and the ability to multitask with an attention to detail.
Job duties include:
- Prepare monthly general and accrual journal entries
- Prepare and send client invoices
- Monthly reconciliation of bank accounts
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Ensure timely bank payments
- Assist in annual financial and statutory reports for audits and tax returns
- Perform treasury functions such as ACH payments and applying cash receipts
- Education: A bachelor's degree in accounting or a related field of study
- Experience: General Ledger, financial statements, and month-end close involvement.
- Analytical thinking: Identify problems when reviewing finances
- Problem-solving: Help resolve specific issues. Discover problems and recommend solutions when this happens.
- Microsoft Office proficiency: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Well organized: Solid organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and multitask
You must be a resident of the United States.
Job Type: Part-time