|Date Posted||August 05, 2022|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
The primary function of the Senior Staff Accountant is performing general ledger account and bank statement reconciliation, preparing journal entries and financial statements, creating and maintaining periodic reporting, maintaining fixed asset system, assisting with annual budgeting, expenditures reporting, preparing statistical and financial reports for creditors and agencies, maintaining records retention, and assisting the Chief Financial Officer in preparation of miscellaneous confidential correspondence.
- Demonstrates effective communication and problem-solving skills.
- Utilizes accounting system, billing system, spreadsheet software.
- Perform various complex account analyses and reconciliation.
- Reconciles the general operating account and payroll bank statements and enters the cash journals into the General Ledger.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reconciliations for month-end/year-end reporting.
- Maintains records retention log to facilitate the orderly file system of permanent records for adherence to record retention policy.
- Assist with the month-end closing process, conducting research and making correction journal entries for account discrepancies, prepares closing journal entries, posts accrual entries, and prepares financial statements.
- Generate reports related to product cost, finished goods.
- Maintains best fixed asset system, which includes preparation of journal entries, reconciliation of general ledger to fixed assets system, and preparation of depreciation schedules for budgeting purposes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree preferred with concentration in Accounting, Finance or other business-related major with strong accounting experience (or equal work experience)
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of IBM ACI-400 Strongly desired
- Must be a self-directed individual with good time management skills
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal