Krystal | Krystal Restaurants LLC
|Date Posted||August 05, 2022|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Reporting to: Assistant Controller
FLSA Status: Exempt
Support the Accounting Manager in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance/Accounting department.
Maintains and controls the General ledger accounts and business transactions of the organization, applying the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) that includes analytical work and thorough review of financial records
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Accounting Manager with the day-to-day, period and year end operations of the Accounting department and interim and annual audits.
- Prepares and reviews general ledger entries, internal and external reporting, general ledger analysis, researches and resolves GAAP issues.
- Own and control the full Third-Party Delivery (3PD) reconciliation process to ensure proper recognition of income (Sales), discounts, and expense.
- Provide Accounting support with advertising fund, including but not limited to preparing advertising fund reports.
- Provide Accounting support with gift cards and accounts receivable, as needed.
- Complete and/or review account reconciliations to ensure that Balance Sheet and Income Statement presentation conforms to GAAP.
- Assist Accounting Manager with documenting and explaining fiscal period account variances vs budget.
- Cross train with peer team members on accounting/treasury tasks.
- Perform such other accounting, financial or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time quite often at short notice by the Assistant Controller.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Education (degree, etc.): Bachelors Degree in Accounting/ Finance
- Licenses/Certifications: CPA or CPA Track preferred
- Experience (years/type): 2-5 years of accounting/ finance in restaurant or retail environment, or Big 4 (or related) public firm
Highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data
Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
Microsoft Great Plains General ledger experience preferred
Team player and can collaborate with other teams, internal as well as external to the organization
Excellent communications skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management
Be able to demonstrate attention to details and good record keeping
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Physical Work Environment: Corporate Office environment
Travel % Required: N/A
Budget Amount Managed: N/A
Number of Employees Managed: Revenues/Sales Influenced: N/A
Number of Employees Impacted: N/A
Other Knowledge/Abilities: N/A
Skill Requirements: (X = Required for job)
Utilize computer software (specified above)
Retrieve and compile information
Public speaking/group presentations
Research, analyze and interpret information
Verify data and information
Investigate, evaluate, recommend action
Organize and prioritize information/tasks
Leadership and supervisory, managing people
Operate office equipment
Basic mathematical concepts (e.g. add, subtract)
Advanced and/or abstract mathematical concepts (fractions, decimals, ratios, percentages, graphs, interpolation, inference, frequency, formulas, etc.)
Physical Requirements: (X = Required for job)
Sitting for extended periods
Lifting/carrying up to 20 pounds various items
Extended periods viewing computer screen
Hazards: (X = Required for job)
Normal office environment
I have reviewed and understand the requirements stated in this Job Description.
Address: 1455 Lincoln Pkwy Suite 600 Dunwoody, GA - 30346
Property Description: Krystal Corporate
Property Number: 0000