Los Angeles, California
|Date Posted||August 05, 2022|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
The Office of Finance and Budget at the Keck School of Medicine is seeking an Accountant I to join its Finance team.
The Accountant will be responsible for reviewing, preparing, reconciling and analyzing accounting transactions and records. Assists in the development of financial projections and forecasts.
- Serves as a liaison between Finance Department and the departments in Keck School of Medicine at USC.
- Determines current financial balances to produce schedules, summary reports and financial statements. Prepares financial reports from available accounting data in Workday financial system and the Beacon proprietary reporting system.
- Identifies problems and interacts with internal and/or external contacts, as required to correct deficiencies and/or discrepancies.
- Reconciles accounts to the university Workday financial systems. Researches and resolves problems and adjusts accordingly. Ensures supporting documentation exists for audit purposes.
- Serves as a resource for the departments in Keck School of Medicine to provide requested financial information and reports.
- Advises on University financial policies and procedures, regulations and generally accepted accounting principles
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree Minimum Experience: 1 year Minimum Field of Expertise: Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles including fund accounting