New York, New York
|Date Posted||August 04, 2022|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
About JW Player:
JW Player is the leading video software and data insights platform that gives our customers independence and control in today's Digital Video Economy. Founded over a decade ago as an open source video player, JW Player's technology platform now powers digital video for hundreds of thousands of businesses across NA, EMEA, APAC and LATAM. Each month, there are over 1 billion viewers across 2.7 billion unique devices consuming video on JW Player's technology.
The Finance Team:
The Finance team at JW Player plays a big part in the company's continued success. The team works with various internal stakeholders, from Sales and Sales Operations to Legal and senior management. As JW Player continues to grow its global footprint, we look to the Finance team to provide us with operational and analytical insights to strategically grow.
We are looking for a Senior Accountant to join our Finance team. This role will be responsible for all facets of the general ledger, and will play an integral role in creating, refining, and implementing accounting processes. The ideal candidate is highly motivated and an exceptional communicator with a desire for autonomy and ownership within a fast-paced organization. This role offers a unique opportunity to bolster existing accounting knowledge with a chance to offer influence and gain experience in the dynamic and booming video streaming space.
As a Senior Accountant, you will:
- Review the work of the AP Clerk.
- Manage and process vendor payments.
- Assist in posting monthly accrual journal entries.
- Assist in posting cash activity as needed.
- Assist in recording and reconciling credit card activity.
- Prepare various account reconciliations, schedules, exhibits and summaries to support the general ledger balances.
- Ensure Sales tax and VAT compliance.
- Review financial statements to ensure transactions are properly reflected in accordance with GAAP.
- Support external audit requirements, including preparation of audit schedules.
- Perform other analysis and special projects as assigned.
Requirements for the role:
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in accounting or accounting function (preferably with 2+ years of relevant month-end close experience).
- Experience working within a Software as a Service (SaaS) business model.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (pivot tables and complex formulas), with proven ability to manipulate large data sets.
- Proven knowledge and application of GAAP and internal controls.
- Commitment to process improvement and the ability to think outside the box with a strong sense of ownership.
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written), interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask to meet deadlines in a fast-growing environment.
- Ability to execute, follow-up, and ensure attention to detail.
- Proficiency with NetSuite
- Experience at a Media, Tech or rapidly growing company
- Experience with Zuora or Salesforce
- Knowledge of ASC 606 and SEC regulations
Perks of being at JW Player, U.S
When you join JW Player, you are not just joining a company or a team but a family. Our goal is to take care of you and ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success!
As a full time employee, you will qualify for:
- Private Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage for you and your family
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Stock Options Purchase Program
- Quarterly and Annual Team Events - because team building is important!
- Professional Career Program and Career Development Opportunities
- Bi-Annual Hack Weeks for those who are interested in using their coding knowledge
- Fireside chats with individuals in the JW Player family
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.