Junior Accountant (Immediate)
|Date Posted||July 12, 2022|
Position: Junior Accountant
Reports to: Controller
Location: Central Office (Denver, CO)
Salary: $50,000 - $60,000
Status: full-time, exempt, hybrid position
Start Date: flexible, but ideally July 25th, 2022
STRIVE Prep is a Denver-based community of public charter schools that challenges every student to strive for college and thrive throughout life by helping them to discover and develop the knowledge, skills and confidence necessary to succeed in college and beyond. We encourage you to read our 2021 Impact Report and learn more about what a career at STRIVE Prep is like here.
We seek dedicated educators that live STRIVE Prep’s core values of achievement, justice, & perseverance every day and are committed to growing as an anti-racist educator.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The junior accountant is responsible for performing a variety of bookkeeping and accounting duties including but not limited to: financial record maintenance and transactions such as accounts payable; accounts receivable; assisting public fund reimbursements and preparation for annual audit. This role requires professionalism and tact in communications with a variety of individuals, strong time management skills, acute attention to detail, strong filing and organizing skills, and the ability to work well with schools’ administrative teams. This role requires to use of Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets to manage, track and organize data for day-to-day assignments. Candidate needs to have intermediate Excel skills including: Sorting and Filtering Information, Managing Pivot Tables, Vlookup, SUMIF, COUNTIF and etc.
- Process payment requests with the required paperwork and approval on a weekly basis
- Maintain a completed record for the payment requests received, and log the status on the payment tracker
- Bookkeep the API entry with the correct fund code, GL code, grant code, job code, program code, effective date,
- transaction amount, and description
- Maintain and organize a completed AP record/files (copy of checks, invoices, approval emails, ACH vouchers,
- credit card payment receipt, etc.)
- Request the W-9, ACH info form, the acceptable payment methods and other required paperwork from the new
- vendors to establish the vendor profile
- Update the AP status to the Controller at the weekly check-in
- Assist the Controller to reconcile and track the accrued expenditures
- Annual 1099 Filing
- Maintain and organize the monthly bank transaction folder
- Work with the schools’ administrative teams to collect supporting paperwork for the bank transactions
- Reconcile the supporting files with the bank records
- On a semi-monthly basis, bookkeep the bank disbursement and revenue entries with the correct fund code, GL
- code, grant code, job code, program code, effective date, transaction amount, and description
- Bookkeep the monthly earnings from the investment account
- Bookkeep the journal entries provided by the Controller and maintain the supporting files
- Assist Controller to prepare for the annual auditing/other accounting projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related fields.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel and MS-Office Suite
- Experience in bookkeeping and AP clerk
- Experience with Abila MIP Fund accounting
For most of our positions, we hire on a rolling basis. Therefore, we recommend that you submit your application as soon as you are able. Most processes include a 30 minute phone interview with a member of our Talent Team then a 1-2 hour final interview over Zoom unless otherwise noted by your interviewer. You can read more about our process as well as get tips on preparing for an interview here!
Employee retention is a top priority at STRIVE Prep. Therefore we offer competitive compensation and benefits including the following:
- Relocation Assistance: This policy applies to all full-time STRIVE Prep positions and is calculated using employees’ former address with STRIVE Prep’s Central Office address. We will provide a one-time relocation bonus of $1 per mile for everyone relocating outside the state of Colorado and within the lower 48 in the United States.
- Excellent Healthcare Plan: 100% of employee-only monthly premium paid by STRIVE Prep.
- Celebrated for Multilingual Abilities: We value our multilingual staff and the impact they have on our students and community. Therefore, staff that speak a language spoken by our families are eligible to receive an additional $2,000 to their base salary.
- Time Off To Refresh: Industry high 8+ weeks of annual vacation/PTO. Hard work is rewarded with ample time to refresh.
- Based on hire date, employees are eligible for up to 8 days of PTO
- All employees receive 2 floating religious holidays
- All employees receive summer vacation based on work location and position
- Community: Opportunity to work with passionate, mission-driven colleagues who are invested in your personal and professional growth. Join one of our Affinity Groups to build connections with staff across the network who share common identities.
- Career Support: Access to our Talent Team to support internal movement. We want you to grow your career at STRIVE!
- Family & Well Being Focus: Parental and medical leave of 6 weeks paid and 6 weeks unpaid for a total of 12 weeks.
- Mental Health Assistance: We value the wellness of our students and staff. That’s why we offer access to mental health support through our Employee Assistance Program with Optum.
- Resources and Development For Success: Equipment provided: laptop, Weekly coaching sessions
- Retirement Planning: Participation in the Colorado PERA retirement program, including a PERA 401k option.
- For more information, you can view our compensation and benefits FAQ here.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
STRIVE Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. STRIVE Prep works to make a college preparatory education for all students in our community the norm, rather than the exception. To achieve this we are committed to building and sustaining a diverse team by maintaining hiring and recruiting processes that are free from bias.
Not interested but know someone who would be a great fit? Refer them here and earn $200 for each successful hire!