Remote Junior Accountant
Trilogy Federal LLC
|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
Trilogy Federal provides financial management, information technology (IT) consulting, program management services, and strategic consulting to federal agencies. Trilogy has an extensive history helping federal clients achieve their most ambitious business modernization and optimization goals with the ability to deliver targeted subject matter expertise and full life cycle support.
We are seeking a remote Junior Accountant with one year of professional accounting or audit experience for an opportunity with a large federal customer. The ideal candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or business.
The chosen candidate will join a skilled team of professionals dedicated to the management of internal controls over financial reporting and other associated operational programs to help manage any instances of fraud, waste and abuse across the Department. Our team provides expert technical accounting and auditing advice and services at a level equivalent to experienced and industry audit and accounting professional standards during risk assessment, Test of Design, Test of Operating Effectiveness, Reporting, Remediation, and other financial statement activities.
This position is 100% remote.
- The employee will perform financial statement audit reviewing the test of design (TOD) including review of business cycle memorandums, flowcharts, control evaluation matrixes and fraud risk template, documentation support and summary of aggregated deficiencies.
- Perform Test of effectiveness (TOE) and reporting including developing the test approach and test plan, selecting samples and preparing documentation requests, obtaining samples from process owners, completing test and support results with samples and properly referenced workpapers to update the summary of aggregated deficiencies.
- Meet with client personnel and document key procedures, perform testing, document results and conclusions on procedures performed, work in a collaborative environment and report of status of assigned testing areas.
- Responsible for performing specific audit steps under thesupervision of a senior auditor.
- All activities of the staff auditor are supervised.
- Support team discussions and meetings, assists management in preparing for routine status meetings with client.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business.
- One year of professional accounting or audit experience
- Met GAGAS CPE requirements
- The ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Experience performing Financial Statement Audits or OMB Circular A123.
- Experience in Government Contracting and/or Government Audit.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Attention to detail, strong problem-solving skills, and excellent organizational skills.
- Solid understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Benefits (including but not limited to):
- Health, dental, and vision plans
- Optional FSA
- Safe Harbor 401(k) with employer contributions 100% vested from day 1
- Paid time off and 11 paid holidays
- No cost group term life/AD&D plan, and optional supplemental coverage
- Pet insurance
- Monthly phone and internet stipend
- Tuition and training reimbursement
- The target salary range for this role is $55,000 - $65,000. This range is not a guarantee of compensation or salary, as Trilogy Federal conducts an individual equity review for every candidate based on experience, location, education, industry experience, and comparisons to internal pay bands. In addition to salary, Trilogy offers robust benefits including medical/dental/vision insurance coverage, 401(k) match, paid holidays, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and a very supportive work/life balance.
Trilogy Federal is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Job ads copyrighted by AccountingJobs.com -- © 1998-2022