Las Vegas, Nevada
|Date Posted||June 21, 2022|
|Job Status||Not Specified|
Position will be responsible for the accurate and timely performance of various assigned functions in support of the month-end close and reporting process. Ensures the accuracy of assigned financial statements, reports and data files; in addition, reviews the financial results and provides communication to management. May identify and implement necessary controls whereby ensuring the Company's financial statements are reported in conformity with GAAP. May also be involved on special projects, ad-hoc reporting, and other requests from the sales, marketing, corporate, resort management, and/or finance.
Pay rate depends on experience and will range between $59.00/hr - $64.00/hr
- Timely accurate recording of all entries prior to general ledger close in accordance with the corporate closing schedule.
- Ensures financial statements are presented timely to management in accordance with GAAP, accompanied by appropriate financial variance analysis.
- Ensures accounting management is appropriately notified of accounting, internal control, and business issues as they develop in order to devise timely & appropriate action plans.
- Reviews & analyzes financial results for assigned areas in support of the month end close.5
- Communicates financial results and variance analysis to management as assigned.
- Timely accurate preparation and/or review of assigned balance sheet reconciliations and/or month end schedules.
- Timely research and resolution of reconciling items with exceptions reported to management for review and consultation.
- Timely research & resolution customer inquiries.
- Review work of, and develop Accountant I and / or Accountant II
- May support management in development of Accountants in lower levels.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting (Accounting strongly preferred)
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Strong Excel knowledge (function formulas, pivot tables, linked spreadsheets)
- PeopleSoft General Ledger experience preferred
- Effective written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with customers at all levels
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision under stressful situations
- Strong initiative in problem solving
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Ability to develop and train staff
- 3+ years in a “month end / close general ledger” environment.
- Ability to work overtime to assist in financial reporting department deadlines
Workforce Logiq by PRO Unlimited is an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.