||May 09, 2022
||High School Diploma
||$17.00/hr. - $22.00 per hour
POSITION: Billing Clerk
REPORTS TO: Controller
The Billing Clerk is responsible for controlling cash flow through the timely processing of car deals, contracts, deposits, and bank funding. Responsible for the security, organization, and completeness of car deal files located in the general office
- Realize that during any interaction with customers, the employee should remember the HERO (Helpful, Exceeds expectations, Represents us well, takes Ownership) program. The customer is the highest priority of any employee of Wilson County Motors.
- Responsible for being the primary biller of all retail and fleet vehicle deals.
- Review car deals submitted to accounting and verify all required documentation has been completed and all required legal disclosure has been obtained (i.e., buyers guide, right to privacy, etc.)
- Process contracts, assuring all contract "stips" are attached (i.e., driver's license, bill of sale, title app, insurance verification, etc.) and all customer signatures are in place. Be sure to make copies of all information for our files.
- Verify "We Owes" are correctly costed and documented. Preparing any required bird dog fees or other we owe payments.
- Verify all down-payment proceeds have been appropriately recorded and receipted.
- Verify computation of dealer gross profit and calculation of salesperson commissions.
- Submit contract packets to lien holders as needed.
- Promptly finalize and post car deals, verifying the accuracy of general ledger postings.
- Follow-up with Sales Management on contracts not funded within five days.
- Verify contract funding received inclusive of reserve funding verifying to general ledger postings.
- Inform the finance department of any funding shortages.
- Reconcile sales department gross profit to accounting department gross profit.
- Prepare monthly salesperson commission reports.
- Submit trade information to the Inventory Clerk for processing.
- Pay off all trade-in vehicles.
- Calculate and post driver compensation reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school, GED, or similar
- A minimum of three months of experience performing accounting duties
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Proficient with using a computer for work
- Experience working in an accounting department of an automotive dealership
- Strong experience with using Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated ability to be organized at work
- Detailed in performing assigned tasks
- Bilingual speaking (Spanish/English)
ABILITIES NEEDED TO PERFORM DUTIES:
- Ability to arrive at work on time.
- Familiarity with payroll systems.
- Professionalism when communicating by phone or email.
The employee will be sitting at a desk and working with a computer for long periods—Ability to lift 20 LBS. The work will be performed in an open-office environment with other team members.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job ads copyrighted by AccountingJobs.com -- © 1998-2022