Come work for a fast-growing, financially strong Marin-based entertainment and leisure company that owns a variety of businesses, including high-end athletic clubs and spas, restaurants, golf venues, shopping centers, public markets and drive-in theaters. Over the next several years, the company will be expanding all its brands and looking to invest in new brands. The company is actively looking for qualified professionals who will help execute the company’s future growth strategy. We are currently looking for a remote accounting professional to assist our athletic club and spa brand, VillaSport Athletic Club and Spa.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and long-term disability coverage. Our 401(k) plan provides a generous company match of up to 4% of an employee’s compensation. If you thrive in a successful, fast-paced environment and you enjoy challenge, please see below to apply.
The VillaSport Staff Accountant reports to the VP and Divisional Controller and will perform various duties to support the month/year-end close process, remote concierge and billing process. This includes the distribution of financial reports to all VillaSport departments and G&A.
YOUR FOCUS AND OUR FOCUS:
- To maximize revenue.
- To control expenses.
- To deliver excellent customer service.
- To maintain the quality and cleanliness of your facility and work space.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process interfaces to the general ledger from club system.
- Review and record weekly inventory counts.
- Enter all recurring journal entries monthly.
- Distribute monthly and quarterly financial reports for VillaSport profit centers and G&A.
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts for VillaSport.
- Manage project budgets and Capex purchases.
- Reconcile monthly billing.
- Assist with the annual budgeting process.
- Update and maintain accounting policies, procedures and SOP manuals.
- Provide excellent customer service to club management and staff in resolving issues and answering questions as it relates to the financial statements.
- Support and process membership changes/inquiries as necessary
- Special Projects as assigned by the VP and Divisional Controller.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance.
- Excellent organization skills with attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Intermediate or advanced level of Excel skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and meet deadlines a must.
- JD Edwards experience preferred.
- Health club industry experience preferred.
- Please include salary range requirements with your resume.
No unsolicited phone calls or resumes from recruiters. Any unsolicited resumes received will be deemed the property of our Company and no recruiting and/or placement fees will be paid out should the forwarding of said material result in hire.