Aux is a national organization, helping credit unions make a difference in their communities by providing an outsourced option for a variety of robust operational and support functions. We are currently seeking candidates for the position of Accountant II. This fully remote position will support our east-coast clients by providing accounting and reconciliation reports for client credit unions.
In this role, your responsibilities will include:
Perform all essential accounting functions for credit union clients in a timely and accurate manner. This might include:
- Uploading data files for daily maintenance;
- Processing ACH and share draft files;
- Daily processing and settlement balancing;
- Balance and verify G/L accounts daily and prepare/post journal entries;
- Other related accounting responsibilities
- Perform intermediate level accounting functions for credit unions in a timely and accurate manner. These might include:
- Complete complex daily, weekly and/or monthly reconciliations, research and follow up as needed;
- Assist with implementation/onboarding of new clients;
- Preparation of schedules for financial and regulatory reports;
- Preparation of routine accruals and month-end worksheets;
- Assist with audits, exams, and status updates;
- Recommending process improvements as appropriate,
- Miscellaneous duties such as computer input, filing, and other duties.
Requirements for this position:
One to three years accounting experience – financial institution experience preferred (bank, credit union, etc.)
- A four-year degree with accounting or related emphasis or,
- completion of specialized course of study at a business or trade school or
- Job specific skills acquired through on the job training
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- The ability to maintain a positive and professional attitude when interacting with client staff
- Understanding of a general ledger and double-sided accounting
This is a fully remote position, but may require occasional travel to the client’s location and/or to our corporate offices. Must be able to work independently, with minimal distractions, and adhere to normal business hours. You will be expected to respond to telephone calls and emails in a prompt manner.
Established in 1992, Aux is real people, dedicated to a cause, working together to make credit unions stronger. Join us and make a real impact!
We are an equal employment opportunity employer.