The mission of the Colorado Coalition for the Homeless is to work collaboratively toward the prevention of homelessness and the creation of lasting solutions for homeless and at-risk families, children, and individuals throughout Colorado. The Coalition advocates for and provides a continuum of housing and a variety of services to improve the health, well-being, and stability of those it serves.
The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless seeks an Accountant II to support CCH with General Ledger maintenance. This includes performing general ledger maintenance, reviewing, calculating and recording financial accounting activities. This position will also be responsible for multiple reconciliations and schedules maintenance. This position is located at 2111 Champa Street, Denver, Colorado 80205 and reports to the Accounting Manager.
In addition to the unique challenges and extraordinary rewards of our work, eligible Coalition employees enjoy a rich benefits package, including:
- Health insurance coverage on the first day of employment: full-time employees contribute only 1% of their earnings for their own health coverage and no more than 4% of their earnings for coverage of eligible dependents. We’re proud to offer same- and opposite-sex domestic partner coverage;
- Dental, vision, and flexible spending/dependent care/public transit accounts;
- Free basic life insurance and long-term disability coverage;
- Dollar-for-dollar retirement plan matching contributions up to 5% of earnings;
- Extensive paid time-off, including 8 holidays, 12 days of sick leave, and three weeks of vacation for new full-time employees in their first full year.
Essential Job Functions
1. Maintains current and complete COVID?19 vaccination(s), as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities.
2. Assists with month-end and year-end closing.
3. Performs reconciliations and meet deadlines, as assigned.
4. Maintains fixed asset, notes, prepaid, and other required schedules.
5. Calculates and records monthly depreciation, interest and assorted allocations.
6. Supports Accounting Manager in Chart of Accounts maintenance.
7. Provides supporting documentation for audits.
8. Prepares intercompany journal entries.
9. Creates variance analyses and other ad hoc reporting.
10. Performs additional duties as assigned by management.
??Employee must be able to perform essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of self or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Finance / Accounting or relevant work experience required.
2. Moderate experience in processing financial accounting activity on an automated general ledger system.
The Colorado Coalition for the Homeless is committed to delivering services, making employment-related decisions, selecting volunteers, and selecting vendors without regard to age over 40, race, sex, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, medical condition related to pregnancy, military status, or any other applicable status protected by law.