- The employee in this classification will perform general accounting functions and is responsible for the maintenance, accuracy and control of the accounting records. This can include the general ledger, payables, cash management, payroll, property, budget reporting, and statistical accumulation. This individual is also responsible for financial statement and report preparation on a regular and special request basis; assisting departments with annual budget preparation and budget reviews; assisting in the hospital's annual budget preparation; and reviewing entries to the general and statistical ledgers to assure accuracy. The employee may also be asked to assist the Manager, Director, VP and CFO in analysis and reporting of financial data, both internally and externally.
- Adheres to the hospital and departmental attendance and punctuality guidelines
- Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core values, mission and vision of the organization
- Performs other duties as required and completes all job functions as per departmental policies and procedures
- Maintains current knowledge in present areas of responsibility (i.e., self education, attends ongoing educational programs)
- Attends staff meetings and completes mandatory in-services and requirements and competency evaluations on time.
- General environment: Works in a well-lighted, air-conditioned area, with moderate noise levels.
- Periods of high stress and fluctuating workloads may occur.
- 4 year / Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or other Business Related Field (Required)
- Master's Degree in Accounting or other Business Related Field (Preferred)
- 2 - 3 years an accounting office or department, preferably in a hospital environment. (Required)
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSURES
- Preferred Certifications/Licensures: Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Organizational Skills
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Relations
- Grammar / Spelling
- Follow Verbal Instructions
- Basic Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite.
- Read / Comprehend Written Instructions
- Have near normal hearing - Hear alarms/telephone/tape recorder/normal speaking voice
- Have near normal vision - Clarity of vision (both near and far), ability to distinguish colors
- Standing - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Walking - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Sitting - Continuously within shift (67-100%)
- Climbing - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Bending/Stooping - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Twist at waist - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Pushing/Pulling - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Lift/carry up to 20 lbs - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)
- Reaching above shoulder - Occasionally within shift (1-33%)