Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you’ll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life.
Why you’ll love this job:
As the FR&A Senior Associate you will actively participate and drive several routine and ad hoc functions in FR&A. The you will also be part of a small team of multidisciplinary accountants that excel at cross-collaboration and teamwork with other members of FR&A and the CFO organization. Our team will be looked to assist other FR&A teams during peak times of the year, work on process improvements throughout the organization, assist with reporting functions, participate in testing/validations for system implementations or system changes, participate with year-end audit work, assist in mergers, acquisitions, or divestitures, researching of accounting guidance and writing of accounting transaction memos. The Senior Associate will be a resource to the department, demonstrating a knowledge and a willingness to step into a wide range of FR&A roles working as part of the overall FR&A team to further drive the FR&A departmental goals.
What You'll Do
- Assist the Financial Reporting and Business Unit Controller teams with financial statement preparation during peak periods
- Perform testing of new system implementations and updates
- Develop templates and reports in Oracle Analytics for the wider team
- Pre-internal audit testing of policies and procedures, e.g, testing procedural documents for accuracy
- Assist with mergers, acquisitions and divestiture integrations and dissolutions
- Assist with the preparation of the retirement plan financial documents
- Coordinate receiving the SOC 1 reports for audit purposes, including detailing additional procedures required by Corporate Accounting or BU Controllers
- Prepare various training materials as needed
- Coordinate policy and procedure review work
- Research accounting impacts of business transactions the company may enter and new accounting pronouncements
- Write technical Accounting Transactions Memos
- Aligns risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to supervise and mitigate risk; raises appropriately
**NOTE: Responsibilities of this role are not limited to the details above. **
Talents Needed For Success
- Minimum of 6 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred with Masters or equivalent experience
- Super high sense of curiosity and unbridled appetite to learn
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, ability to connect the dots
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail balanced with flexibility in shifts in assignment priorities
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines without the fire drill mentality
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
DTCC safeguards the financial markets and helps them run efficiently, in times of prosperity and crisis. We are uniquely positioned at the center of global trading activity, processing over 100 million financial transactions every day, pioneering industry-wide, post-trade solutions and maintaining multiple data and operating centers worldwide. From where we stand, we can anticipate the industry’s needs and we’re working to continually improve the world’s most resilient, secure and efficient market infrastructure. Our employees are driven to deliver innovative technologies that improve efficiency, lower cost and bring stability and certainty to the post-trade lifecycle.
Our work environment favors openness and gives people freedom to do their jobs well, by encouraging diverse opinions and emphasizing teamwork. When you join our team, you’ll have an opportunity to make meaningful contributions at a company that is recognized as a thought leader in both the financial services and technology industries. A DTCC career is more than a good way to earn a living. It’s the chance to make a difference at a company that’s truly one of a kind.
Finance is one organization composed of ten functions forming the financial backbone of DTCC, leaders who stand at the forefront of DTCC's competitive endeavors across the globe. From accountants and financial analysts to internal consultants and workplace designers, the CFO Organization employs diverse individuals who work together to help make DTCC a global leader in the financial services industry.
The Financial Reporting & Accounting department advises on the accounting treatment for complex transactions, performs all accounting, and prepares all external financial statements and regulatory reports.