Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, Seabourn and P&O Cruises Australia, united as Holland America Group, offering world-renown vacations at sea to travelers around the globe, are building a dynamic, unified organization to serve its highly experienced teams in both our corporate offices and on board our ships.
While cruising paused worldwide, we laid the groundwork to take our company to even greater success, with fresh perspectives and new ways of working. We’re looking for a Senior Staff Accountant to help lead our efforts.
The Senior Staff Accountant will work with teams across Holland America Group, with reporting offices in Santa Clarita, CA, or Seattle, WA, we’re looking for amazing humans across the country for this role. HA Group offers strong compensation and outstanding benefits including cruise travel.
Here’s a summary of what Holland America Group is looking for in its Senior Staff Accountant. Is this you?
- Coordinates and drives month-end close activities, including journal entry preparation and reviews in accordance with departmental timelines with a focus on accuracy.
- Participates in month-end operations review meetings, e-mail communications, and issues resolutions supporting the Core Values.
- Reviews, analyzes, and prepares balance sheet reconciliations and supporting documentation with focus on GAAP compliance and operational efficiencies, in accordance with departmental timelines with prompt recommendations for required adjustments.
- Accurately prepares, reviews, and analyzes communication of internal and external reporting and analysis in accordance with departmental timelines.
- Manages workload and task assignments of accounting clerks and / or staff accountants to ensure transactional and general ledger accounting needs are met daily, weekly, and monthly.
- Participates in establishing and communicating/monitoring staff priorities, goals and projects that support the Company mission to ensure timely and accurate project and task completion.
- Provides training and staff development to ensure timely and accurate project and task completion, and promptly coaches in continuous process improvement, understanding of GAAP, and responds to and assists with staff questions, problems, and work-related issues promptly.
- Prepares performance evaluations according to established timelines, and promptly coordinates performance issues, provides feedback, and recognizes employee contributions.
- Communicates departmental progress and emerging issues to Manager on a weekly basis, or more often based in critical nature.
- Monitors workflow systems, providing correct and timely output, with focus on increased efficiencies and continual assessment of controls.
- Makes timely recommendations for process improvement with focus on increased efficiencies.
- Participates in workflow and system enhancement design, implementations, and documentation, and ensures proper testing of related system revisions to prevent system and processing errors in accordance with departmental timelines.
- Manages and participates in multiple projects, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Maintains current desk-top procedures for assigned responsibilities monthly.
- Maintains a positive attitude and ensures customer service as defined in Core Values.
- Drives communication and meetings with internal and external departments for timely issue identification, resolution, and communication to management. Encourages teamwork and synergies through open communications.
- Resolves issues and answers questions for external and internal customers and provides/oversees ad hoc reporting and special projects supporting the Core Values with timely communication to management.
- Provides functional and/or administrative systems/programs support to internal and external customers in accordance with departmental timelines.
- Performs/supports required SOX testing and accurately provides related schedules and support to internal and external auditors according to established timelines.
- Continually reviews processes for improvement to internal controls and increased test or other efficiencies.
- Represents/Serves as a model Consummate Host, demonstrating integrity, fairness and professionalism as defined in Core Values.
- Fosters a positive work environment by exemplifying the Core Values in all business dealings.
- Coaches staff on using the Core Values and promoting them when providing customer service.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- 5-7 years experience in a Finance related function.
- CPA preferred.
- Knowledge of internal controls (and Sarbanes Oxley as applicable).
- Knowledge of and ability to evaluate financial processes.
- Knowledge of financial/accounting systems, Oracle preferred.
- Analytical with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of GAAP and how to apply in Operations.
- Cruise and Travel Privileges for you and your family
- Health Benefits
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training & Professional Development
- Rewards & Incentives
Our Culture… Stronger Together:
Our highest responsibility, and therefore our top priorities, are always compliance; environmental protection; and the health, safety, and well-being of our guests, the people in places we visit, and our Carnival family, both shoreside, and shipboard. Please visit our site to learn more about our Culture Essentials, Corporate Vision Statement and our Core Values at: https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/our-company/mission-values.html .
Holland America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Holland America will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process, upon your request, as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact email@example.com.