Boys & Girls Clubs of America named "One of the Best Nonprofits to Work for in 2017, 2018 and 2019" Indeed.com
Boys & Girls Clubs of America is the nation's premier youth development organization. Our programs, training and services impact nearly 4 million children and teens every year. We are always looking for qualified professionals with a passion for improving young lives, as a member of our national staff. We have strong values, embrace diversity and offer great benefits to allow our employees to maintain work/life balance.
Location - Atlanta Office Based
Reports directly to the Vice President – Controller, the Internal Auditor is responsible for all internal audit related activities, maintaining strong internal control framework, and mitigating business risks for the Boys & Girls Clubs of America. In addition, the Internal Auditor will provide requirement communications to the CFO and Audit Committee.
- Ensure timely review of annual financial statement audits of local Boys & Girls Club organizations (approximately 800) with prompt communication to management team of identified risk.
- Develop annual internal audit scope and plan.
- Support enterprise risk and control assessments as requested by management.
- Facilitate periodic user / rights reviews for key financial systems. (Serenic, Basware, and Ultimate)
- Perform spot and/or surprise audits as needed to mitigate risk for the organization.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for appropriate internal control framework to BGCA and State Organizations.
- Communicate internal audit results to the BGCA Audit Committee on a quarterly basis.
- Conduct periodic reviews of financial documentation and support to ensure a high degree of quality for accounting records.
- Completes audits of accounting and financial information of various departments within the organization to ensure compliance and appropriate processes.
- Research identified issues thoroughly and makes recommendations to improve policies or procedures accordingly.
- May work with outside auditors to help reconcile discrepancies or support external auditing functions.
- Serve as a key member of the Accounting Leadership Team.
- Collaborate with external financial statement auditors to realize audit synergies.
- Perform other duties as requested from the BCGA Financial Leadership.
- Demonstrate BGCA mission-driven values of integrity, excellence and inclusion and integrate into work environment and ways of work.
- Adhere to organizational policies and procedures as described in BGCA's Employee Handbook and Code of Ethics.
- Maintain ICARE values and support Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion objectives for the organization.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 2 to 4 years of experience in audit.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required.
- Master of Accounting is a plus.
- CIA and CPA certification is a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Effective execution of deliverables and time management.
- Self-starter and a strong team leader who is flexible.
- Strong organizational, project management, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to function independently, multi-task and realign priorities as needed.
- Strong analytical and process improvement skills.
- Ability to listen and interpret, influence, build relationships, challenge assumptions, and facilitate healthy discussion.
- Thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and internal controls framework.
- Nimble and responsive to needs of the organization through a proactive approach
ENVIRONMENTAL & WORKING CONDITIONS
- Normal internal working environment.
- Approximately 5% to 10% travel as needed to support audit activities.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to navigate areas of the country by using a map or other direction methods.